Truck shaking!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crackerjack1957

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport 1500 CC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7...65RFE...4.56
What size tire & rim?
I have been running 35/12.5/20's on the stock 9-inch rim with 1/2 inch spacers since 2014.
No vibrations........just rotate tires every 3k
2-sets of KO2's with 80k on the speedo

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I feel for you. I'm dealing with this right now. Got general grabber ATX's in stock size (no lift) and the vibrations were horrible. Had 3 out of 4 tires replaced under warrantee over 2 months but it still shakes. Blew out a front strut from the vibrations of the heavy tire. Had to go to a mom and pop tire store to get help and get it even close to drivable. It started the day I got the tires so I know it is the problem. I have an appt on Monday for a full set of new tires. Will have to eat the $1k on the grabbers but I can't stand driving the truck over 50 mph and was ready like you to burn it to the ground. I've heard that some tires just don't like the RAM alignment specs and just won't run well especially on the 20" rims with stock tire size. Best of luck on getting it resolved.

That's weird - I installed 1st set ever of General Grabber ATX 1-1/2 years ago, and they were & are dead-nuts perfectly balanced at all speeds and loads. We use an independent shop with a road force balancer, he is well-known in our area. He doesn't bother advertising, has more repeat customers than he can handle. I have stock rims and tires, no lifts, Gen IV Ram 2500. LT285/60-20 tires.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Discount tire has provided me with great service in the past, I would take my truck there after your dealer disappoints you again . I bet discount Can help your issues.

LilRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's weird - I installed 1st set ever of General Grabber ATX 1-1/2 years ago, and they were & are dead-nuts perfectly balanced at all speeds and loads. We use an independent shop with a road force balancer, he is well-known in our area. He doesn't bother advertising, has more repeat customers than he can handle. I have stock rims and tires, no lifts, Gen IV Ram 2500. LT285/60-20 tires.
It might be the size. the 1500 uses 275 60 -20 so it's a different mold. 3 of 4 tires replaced under warranty and it still shakes.