TRX4 + Bilstein 5100 Help

Discussion in 'Lifted' started by iMissLayups, Jul 8, 2019.

1. iMissLayups

iMissLayups Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    A month ago I got the Bilstein 5100 shocks installed on my 4th gen 1500 TRX4 and set at 2.8 with a 1.5" spacer in the rear and it sat perfectly level and looked exactly how I wanted it to look. Now, a month later, the front has dropped a considerable amount. Is it the shocks that settled or the springs? I would rather lift the front back up instead of removing the rear spacer. What are my best options? Thanks!

2. bigred74

bigred74 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    1999 and 2017
    Engine:
    5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
    Wait the trx is out?! How did I miss this lol

3. joshuaeb09

joshuaeb09 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    The TRX existed as an early 4th gen package that came with the front sitting .7" higher via the strut. Basically the same height as a 5100 at notch 2. This is why the 4600 fronts have 2 notches being a stock replacement height strut.

The springs have probably settled out. Are they the originals from 2009 ? Short of buying a replacement assembly and using it's spring with the 5100 there aren't many other options for replacing a tired front coil spring. You could try the eibach springs, but after their issues who knows what clip you'd actually need to run them on to get back to the 2.75" range of lift.

iMissLayups and JB1 like this.
  4. iMissLayups

iMissLayups Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Thanks for the response! I wasn't sure if it was the Bilsteins that settled or the springs. I believe they're the originals and it's probably time to replace them along with the mounts. That's what I get for not replacing everything when I had the struts replaced.

5. olyelr

olyelr Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Shocks do absolutely nothing for ride height. They just control movement. Its must be the springs... which seems like an odd coincidence, but...