Trying to be cheap did not work out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deep_Blu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So I had one of my door speakers just go boom over the winter, my truck has the factory 7 speaker infinity in it so i'm pretty boned as far as OEM part prices go to just get a replacement, but I wanted to be able to just have my stereo function correctly again so I just bought some crap 4 Ohm boss things off a facebook post and whilst they work they sound like....nothing, the tweeters on the dash are louder then they are.

I know the factory infinity system is a nightmare to deal with because It's amp is pretty stupid, but I've already used the stupid CHTO-1 thing to get an aftermarket head to work with it and I'm not a huge audio guy to start with.

Can anybody suggest a speaker that would just replace them? I know 2 ohm plays better with the factory amp, but I don't want to break the bank, all i'm expecting at this point is at minimum factory level sound, nothing all that special and I don't really want to gut my trucks audio system to bypass the amp. I might do a full replacement at some point but I just need something that works for now.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The biggest thing is to get speakers that match the ohms of the factory ones. I can’t remember what they are off the top of my head but I think they’re a really strange ohm rating. You don’t want to mix and match ohm ratings on factory amps. If you aren’t gonna bypass the factory amp the best thing to do is find a used set of factory speakers somewhere.

RedneckHippy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman
Engine
6.4 Hemi w/ MDS
You try Crutchfield yet? I have had good luck with them, talk to one of their advisors, tell them what you want, they could probably figure out what speakers would be the best replacements.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had same system, worked with crutchfield to replace the speakers and not one of them fit. Good luck.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
IIRC, the factory Infinity speakers are 2 oHm, maybe 2.2oHm. (The non infinity are 4oHm) I had the front door Infinity speakers in my '01 Dakota go years back, the rubber surrounds just disintegrated. I was able to get a rebuild kit for them for about $30 that enabled me to fix them like new. Might be an option if that's what went on yours.

-K

10 Break

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had same system, worked with crutchfield to replace the speakers and not one of them fit. Good luck.

OEM speakers usually do not direct open market equivalents. 2 Ohm impedance car audio speakers will be limited and going aftermarket may requires some kind of mounting ring adapter.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, I didn't expect them to exactly fit, but would have been a nice surprise. But the mounting holes did not line up at all, the metal speaker frame left it needing a spacer which then required cutting the door in ways I never had to in the past. Just was worse than any install I had done in many of my former vehicles. I ended up with a new truck so didn't need to look further for better options.