TSB 21-010-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedinsteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone seen this TSB (preferrably a dealer tech)on their 2016 ram shifting issue? Just had mine done today due to harsh shifting and I'm not seeing a huge difference. I know this is an adaptive learning transmission, so I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Interesting! I have a 2015 with minor crappy shifting . I wonder if that TSB includes my 2015

Thanks

Potatomafia

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm curious as well. My 2015 shifts pretty bad sometimes.

However, I'm not sure FCA will perform this TSB on our trucks since it's for 2011-2012 trucks with RFE transmissions.

Attachments

• tsb_wk2_2101012.pdf
    249.8 KB · Views: 10

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Has anyone seen this TSB (preferrably a dealer tech)on their 2016 ram shifting issue? Just had mine done today due to harsh shifting and I'm not seeing a huge difference. I know this is an adaptive learning transmission, so I'll give it some time and see what happens.

Hello speedinsteve,
If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle in the future, we recommend heading back to your servicing dealer to address your concern. In the event that you return to the dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance.
Laura
RamCares

OP
OP
S

speedinsteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello speedinsteve,
If you still believe that there is a concern with your vehicle in the future, we recommend heading back to your servicing dealer to address your concern. In the event that you return to the dealer, please let us know beforehand. We can certainly have a case escalated for additional assistance.
Laura
RamCares
I contacted FCA yesterday and they told me I needed to take it back to the dealership for further evaluation and/or service. I Talked with the General Manager at the dealership and he is going to get back with me on Monday. I've seen where several other subscribers here have had the same issue, and eventually a replacement transmission was the fix. Obviously the software upgrade did nothing and I think the TSB number they gave me is bogus BS.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I contacted FCA yesterday and they told me I needed to take it back to the dealership for further evaluation and/or service. I Talked with the General Manager at the dealership and he is going to get back with me on Monday. I've seen where several other subscribers here have had the same issue, and eventually a replacement transmission was the fix. Obviously the software upgrade did nothing and I think the TSB number they gave me is bogus BS.

It’s not a bogus TSB first off. It’s an actual TSB that lists about 20 different issues that its supposed to remedy. It actually just came out on Feb 15. Just because it didn’t fix your particular issue doesn’t mean it’s BS.

They are not going to jump to a replacement transmission first thing. You try the easiest things first. There’s a software update? Perform the update, test it out and see if it has helped. If not then you go further. Next step will likely be a replacement valve body. Then if there’s still an issue, a new transmission.

OP
OP
S

speedinsteve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s not a bogus TSB first off. It’s an actual TSB that lists about 20 different issues that its supposed to remedy. It actually just came out on Feb 15. Just because it didn’t fix your particular issue doesn’t mean it’s BS.

They are not going to jump to a replacement transmission first thing. You try the easiest things first. There’s a software update? Perform the update, test it out and see if it has helped. If not then you go further. Next step will likely be a replacement valve body. Then if there’s still an issue, a new transmission.

Yea, I get it that they are not going to replace the transmission just because I asked them to.

Appreciate your input and I guess I should have given you a complete rundown of what has been done in the last year. REFLASH (give it some time to learn your driving habits) REFLASH( give it some time to learn your driving habits). REFLASH (give it some time to learn your driving habits) REFLASH ( give it some time to learn your driving habits) OK. Lets install a new valve body and (give it some time to learn your driving habits) I'm not some 20 something with no mechanical skill or without patience. I've given them ample time to resolve this and its still doing the same thing. The service manager that I dealt with for the last year who acknowledged there was a problem, is now gone and I'm starting all over with a new service manager. I am glad to hear that it's not a bogus TSB. The dealer acted like he had no knowledge of this TSB, maybe because it was just released. Thats why I was suspicious. This is my 4th ram and I love it except for the awful shifting.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hello speedinsteve,
I appreciate you providing additional information regarding your situation. Please keep us in the loop with what your dealer says. If you need any additional assistance, we are here to help.
Laura
RamCares