Turn signal light out, LED Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_TopGear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I just got my new (to me) 2013 Laramie Longhorn. I'm getting a "left turn signal light out" message and it looks like intermittently my rear turn signal is not lighting up in one area of the tail light, (and blinking fast)

I cant find anywhere what type of bulbs the tail lights need other than just "LED"

Am I thinking correctly that you cant replace the bulbs in the lamp and that I have to get an entire new assembly? That sucks!

Or is there a bulb type and I just am not looking for the right keyword...I've never had LED anything before.

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you verified that they are indeed out?

I was getting the same message on my 2015 Sport (led tails) and it turns out my 3rd brake light was out.

ALLA Lighting

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 L V6 diesel
If your rear turn signal light is a stock LED, best to contact the dealer for accurate replacement bulb part number. If your vehicle has aftermarket LED, simply replace with a 3157 LED bulb.

OP
OP
_TopGear

_TopGear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
The truck has stock LED tail lights, so I checked and the 3rd brake light is NOT out, but it looks like in the tail light that part of the light is not working when the turn signal is on, thankfully it's not completely out though.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have OEM LED taillights then there isn't any bulb to replace, the only way to fix it is to replace the whole taillight.

pmowry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just started having the same issue with my 14. It’s intermittent, the middle segments on the left side stay dim while the rest blink. If you take the brake light off it’s just a connector going into the assembly so no help there. Curious if there is a schematic floating around on here. Seems weird it’s those three segments and only sometimes.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could it be due to a loose plug? Unplug the connector, blow both sides out with compressed air and swab some dielectric grease in, reconnect and see if it's fixed.

pmowry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
With my issue I reseated the connector to no avail.

MSgtZ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Had the same problem with my 2014 last fall. What I did was to disconnect the electrical connection and clean with contact cleaner both the connector on the light assemble and the plug on the wiring harness. Put a little bit of di-electric grease in the housing connector and reassembled. No issues for 8+ months now.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If that does not work they are expensive to buy. I have my left rear giving me issues also. I will try the cleaning and grease.