U Connect 8.4 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bereta1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How long does it usually take the screen to load from a dark screen ? Mine generally takes about 20 sec to load. I’ve also noticed when ign is turned to acc. The check engine light is on which is normal, and if I leave it on acc a bit longer the check engine light flashes about 10 times. The reason I’m asking is because I have a UO147 code present. I’ve been told it’s an issue with the radio. Any help would be appreciated.

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The code is the radio has lost communication with the canbus system . I would start by checking the wiring harness for chaffing of the wires or broken wires . And yes it will be a needle in a haystack ! I’m assuming the radio is non responsive?

reddawg67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or if you have had the radio out I would check the seating of the harnesses are correct .But the first thing I would try would be hard reset .pulling the fuse by the Master cylinder

OP
OP
B

bereta1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Radio seems to be working fine. Only thing is the black screen for about 30 sec. before the Ram screen shows up when the truck is first started. I’ve done a reset , but, haven’t pulled the fuse. Should the truck be running or off when I pull the fuse ? Is the fuse in a line by itself? Thanks

Last edited: