U Connect Reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SBEnduro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello. I an new to this forum. I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 54k miles. I got it at 30k miles. The U Connect has not been able to store address, radio stations. Spoke to U Connect for the past year + and was told, " The update is on the way". That was an annoyance but liveable.
Yesterday, U Connect Lights up when starting then goes black, Heater stays on at about 90 degrees blasting and front windows won't roll down.
Needless to say it is like a pizza oven.
Any Ideas

Additional Info
This seemed to start after I remote started the truck and then the Blind Spot Alert Unavailable Error presented. Appt for next Wednesday and I will update this post.

Last edited:

DogDad89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2021 1500 has been in the shop almost 5 weeks for this same issue. They can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. Any updates?

OP
OP
SBEnduro

SBEnduro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So It is Fixed. Nyle Maxwell Ram in Austin was able to fix the problem. The issue was an un noticeable cracked rear tail light that was causing the electronics to corrode. This was challenging because getting the parts is a hassle due to the supply back up in Calif. I called around and found a light at a dealer in Florida. They were able to fix it. Put in a new connector and we are good to go.

Also a huge Win. My U Connect that has been not working correctly since I got the truck a year and a half ago is fixed. I contacted U Connect and never made any headway. The unit would not hold favorite location and other settings. I paid for the map update about 6 weeks ago and just decided to load it. I was also sent a software update that didn't seem to add anything but I ran it any way. Ran the Map update and all seems to be working fine now. Holds the settings and addresses. The actual searching is a little wonky but I think that is just how it works.

SteveBro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone changed out the lights? I changed my high beams to LED, but I can’t find a way to reach the low beams. Anybody have advice on that?
2022 Bighorn 1500