U joint replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 turbo Cummins
I have a 2003 ram 2500 Slt 4x4 5.9 turbo Cummins. Does anyone know where to look for a part number for the rear axle driveshaft u joints? Mine has a one piece driveshaft. Thanks

pajeepman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Rockauto.com
I just did mine on my '04 1500 2 weeks ago. Used an Advanced Auto ball joint/u-joint loaner tool set and it made it much easier than using a vice.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
First of all, thank you for spelling "Cummins" correctly lol. There is a sticky in the 3rd gen DIY section with service and parts manuals, including your 2003. Go download them. As mentioned, Rockauto should have what you need, but just in case you want the OEM part number you'll have it.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I will tell you what a Driveshaft shop owner told me.

The difference in U-joints from places like Autozone, Pep Boys, Oriellys, WorldWide & all those stores like it,
are built with higher amount of sloppiness than companies like Niehoff & Timken

Quality Control tolerances are what makes a bearing last longer or expire faster

TOTALCHAOS69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let’s say Stellantis has some ujoints made... they provide a minimum spec to maximum spec. Oreillys will have theirs made to that minimum number. NAPA will get the maximum. I’m not sure about Advanced, Auto Zone, and the rest.