Uconnect & Ipod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Al

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi Guys.....Im a newbie be gentle

I have a 2013 Longhorn with the 8" uconnect system and 1st gen ipod touch.

Up until recently i could listen to my tunes on my iPod via USB, i love the voice and steering controls.....Took my Ram in for a winter service, i noticed on the paperwork that they had also done a software update on my UC...since that day the ipod doesnt work, and what i mean is.....you can see the music playing on the UC, i can choose what track etc, flick between tracks, but there is no sound. Radio is OK, Bluetooth phone OK, SD card works ok, sound from all of them...THinking it may be my ipod software, i updated, still no sound, checked on UC website and updated the UC again, still no sound from the ipod. Connected My Iphone 4s, 5C, and 5s, nothing....connected my friends 1st gen ipod nano....I got sound.

I am confused...ANy help would be appreciated

rhodeislandscott

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same issue

I am having the exact same issue. It started today out of the blue. Was working fine this morning and now...no sound. It shows everything on the screen but won't play the track. If you look at the screen it shows 00:00 for time and that does not advance. So it is something to do with the way the radio is communicating with the iPod. Very frustrating. Prob going to have to bring to dealer.

troutspinner

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This sounds like an indexing issue to me. Something changed on the iPod or the UC and the radio needs to re-index the music.

I have not had this specific problem on my truck but my infinity would give me similar issues. Disconnect the device from the truck. Close all apps on your i device. Double tap the round button and swipe away any open programs. After closing all of the programs, hold the round button and the power button until the phone resets.

Plug the i device back into your truck and give it ample time to come up. Just because you see track info does not necessarily mean that it is all the way indexed, be patient. If you have a large library, it could take close to 15-20 minutes.