uConnect: Phone works, but "No Media Device Detected"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CRickyRam85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with my uConnect. '15 Ram 1500 with basic small touch screen.

My phone (Google Pixel 2xl) will pair and work as normal. I am able to receive and place calls without problem. However, for some reason, it just stopped recognizing my phone as a media device for Bluetooth audio. I hit the "Media" button and a window pops up that says "No Media Device Detected" when I try to use BT audio. It is recognizing the phone and it says it's connected, and the phone calls work, but no music or other Bluetooth audio.

I have unpaired and re-paired. I have deleted and "forgotten" the phone from the uConnect and vice versa. I have even disconnected the battery and let it sit for some time. I looked at any software updates but it said there were none available. Still running 7.3.5.0

Also, the USB and Aux 3.5mm jack in the center console don't do anything when I plug the phone up to them.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Tom75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Hi everyone,

Sorry to relive this old thread. (Not sure i am using the right words here I am from France so excuse me if my English is incorrect).

I’m having the same problem on a different car for 2 weeks now with my iPhone 8 or even on the IPhone XR of my wife. Still detected as a phone so i can make phone calls but not as a media.
Not able to listen to music by Bluetooth or when the phone is connected on the USB port.
My iPhone detects that it is connected to the car (it displays either connector dock or uconnect) but it’s like the car doesn’t detect that the phone is connected.
I tried the same manipulations as you described, and also no updates available for me.

I have not been able to find anything else online on this topic that’s why I joined here to ask if you found a solution to this particular issue and if so if you can share it with me.

Thank you

elgallalmido

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with my uConnect. '15 Ram 1500 with basic small touch screen.

My phone (Google Pixel 2xl) will pair and work as normal. I am able to receive and place calls without problem. However, for some reason, it just stopped recognizing my phone as a media device for Bluetooth audio. I hit the "Media" button and a window pops up that says "No Media Device Detected" when I try to use BT audio. It is recognizing the phone and it says it's connected, and the phone calls work, but no music or other Bluetooth audio.

I have unpaired and re-paired. I have deleted and "forgotten" the phone from the uConnect and vice versa. I have even disconnected the battery and let it sit for some time. I looked at any software updates but it said there were none available. Still running 7.3.5.0

Also, the USB and Aux 3.5mm jack in the center console don't do anything when I plug the phone up to them.

Any suggestions?
Hello did anyone get a solution for this problem