UConnect Software Update Received--What's in it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FF1899

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sitting at the dealer right now. They spent 2 hours on the truck. The software wont install says it is not compatible even though by vin and description it is. They did calling into whoever and were told it is because it will come over the air and they wont be able to put it in.20190422_135609.jpg

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I just got my truck back from the dealer this morning. It was in the shop to get the EGR replaced and I told them about the crap audio since the OTA update so they updated the Software on my 18 Ecodiesel. My radio EQ sounds as good as the day I bought it before the OTA update. I am so glad it is back to normal, no more -6 on the bass.

IMG_1044.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I just got my truck back from the dealer this morning. It was in the shop to get the EGR replaced and I told them about the crap audio since the OTA update so they updated the Software on my 18 Ecodiesel. I was on 18.20.2e and now it shows 18.42.12. My radio EQ sounds as good as the day I bought it before the OTA update. I am so glad it is back to normal, no more -6 on the bass.

So there is hope!

Actually, the software update that is affected is the Application Version. You are now on 22.6.0; The bad version was 21.9.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just got my truck back from the dealer this morning. It was in the shop to get the EGR replaced and I told them about the crap audio since the OTA update so they updated the Software on my 18 Ecodiesel. I was on 18.20.2e and now it shows 18.42.12. My radio EQ sounds as good as the day I bought it before the OTA update. I am so glad it is back to normal, no more -6 on the bass.

View attachment 163716

Was your truck a factory UAS ? (No nav) = application version 22.6 ?

M² Mods.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
That’s correct non Nav.

OK, so now I'm wondering why your truck was a candidate for the software upgrade but mine wasn't. Both are 2018 Big Horn's with the non-nav 8.4 Uconnect system. Mine is a gas engine, yours is a diesel. Surely the gas or diesel engine can't be the difference, can it? What about UConnect would be different in a gas vs. diesel engine?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
OK, so now I'm wondering why your truck was a candidate for the software upgrade but mine wasn't. Both are 2018 Big Horn's with the non-nav 8.4 Uconnect system. Mine is a gas engine, yours is a diesel. Surely the gas or diesel engine can't be the difference, can it? What about UConnect would be different in a gas vs. diesel engine?
This is why I was hoping someone would get the file on USB to share.

2018 Ram UAS 4c = v22.6

2018 Ram UAQ 4c Nav = v21.9
. . . (why not 22.5 or 22.6 IDK)

M² Mods.

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
This is why I was hoping someone would get the file on USB to share.

2018 Ram UAS 4c = v22.6

2018 Ram UAQ 4c Nav = v21.9
. . . (why not 22.5 or 22.6 IDK)

M² Mods.
Honestly, with how long all of us have waited for a fix from uconnect I really wasn’t expecting the dealer to actually update and fix it. I was shocked when I got it back and it was resolved.

I hope others on here can get theirs resolved, it is definitely beyond frustrating and unacceptable for uconnect to do this. Let me know if you need info from my truck and I will be glad to help to try and figure out why mine worked and others didn’t.

Last edited:

UpInSm0kE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What is your build date? I thought there was mention of specific build date ranges for the TSB (I could be wrong). Grasping at straws here.

OP
OP
PowrRam

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
What is your build date? I thought there was mention of specific build date ranges for the TSB (I could be wrong). Grasping at straws here.

Where do I find the build date? I got the truck in June of 2018.

Zabbu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The only ram dealer within an hour drive of me just told me I’ll have to pay them to apply the update because it’s not technically a recall. @RamCares thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMD78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Last weekend, I was involuntarily removed from the f’d OTA software group because a lady hit me head on in an intersection and totaled my 2018. I expected to logon here and find the update was now available, sort of like washing the car and it rains an hour later. I hope for everyone’s sake the last few posts provide the relief you deserve. I’m a sucker and already bought the 2019 rebel. I fully expect uconnect will continue to haunt me with crap updates for years to come, but farewell and good luck!!!!

appzattak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad I found this thread!

I just upgraded to the 8.4 UAQ from my cheapo 5" screen on my 2017 Express. After I got it installed I was very disappointed with the quality, way to much bass for sure, my cheapo stereo was fine tuned and rocked! So I got out my SMD DD1 and retuned it, head unit and all. Found that I can max the HU without any distortion, previous HU max I could go was 31 without distortion. I got it all re tuned but it still sounded like crap. Mind you I tuned it like always with all EQ settings flat. I decided to play with the EQ, and ended up dropping it all the down, negative 8 or 9 I think. That sounded much better. But it still does not seem to be as loud as my other HU.

So I was searching for specs on this UAQ and can't seem to find any. Does any happen to know of a source to get tech specs on this HU? I have to assume it's output is full range, and that my current setup is appropriate for it.

Any way to get an update for it, if it needs it?

UPDATE: I just checked my software version. I have 18.33.24 EQ version is 3.4. My map DB is Content_NA_HM_17Q2, my application version is USA-IR-22.5.0-20180815-I0F8

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: