Uconnect update issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markedman63

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have a 2014 RAM 1500 Sport. I recently discovered its country of origin is Canada. FCA Canada told me that because the Uconnect system uses Sprint as the service provider and Sprint apparently does not operate in Canada, some of the necessary equipment (eg. the Green and Red buttons on the rear view mirror) is missing. FCA Canada and Uconnect have advised me this means I am not able to utilize all the "available" features of Uconnect and I am unable to update my software version which in turn means I can't update my maps which are WAY out of date. I am not happy about the revelation of not being able to use all the Uconnect features but there MUST be a way I can update the maps. Anybody have any solid info here?

PowerWagon18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Uconnect told you that you could NOT update over USB? Did you visit the Uconnect site and look at your available software by VIN?

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
I have a Hawaii ordered 2013 Ram, no uconnect and no xm radio, I don't even have plugs on back for xm and no sprint card and I just went on uconnect site and downloaded update and installed by memory stick. Last year I bought a 2015 Ram 8.4 radio with navigation and it does have the sprint card, I did the software update by memory stick. Should work, just go on uconnect site, put in info. The uconnect features they mean are probably the Paid service, I don't have uconnect service and get a lot of stuff, just no paid features that really I care less about, voice commands still work, etc just can't use the app to start truck and get mobile internet Hotspot, things I would never use.

Last edited: