UCONNECT UPDATE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Unfortunately, that's the only version of the file I can find. I got the VIN for the truck that the radio came from and when I go to the UConnect website, it says the truck is already up to date and it doesn't allow you to download any other files.
Then that is the latest file that works correctly on your hardware. Your problem is likely the file wont work on your radio. have you tried to reflash the known correct file to see if the radio returns to a working state?

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
From an individual? Some eBay sellers accept returns. I typically recommend the first thing someone do is attempt to flash the firmware. It's a ticking time bomb IMO.
My understanding is the radio worked fine until he tried to flash an unsupported file meant for a different radio onto it?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My understanding is the radio worked fine until he tried to flash an unsupported file meant for a different radio onto it?
It's a "supported" file meant for these radios/vehicles that have been confirmed as much as can be. It may not be supported by UConnect but they also don't support non-factory installations.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Then that is the latest file that works correctly on your hardware. Your problem is likely the file wont work on your radio. have you tried to reflash the known correct file to see if the radio returns to a working state?
I would if I could find the file. I can't find a copy of the 21.9 for the UAS radio anywhere.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I would if I could find the file. I can't find a copy of the 21.9 for the UAS radio anywhere.
I checked some alternate sources, no joy. I'm thinking since you have a brick right now that attempting to flash something newer from Jeeps (if available) may be worth trying. I have successfully flashed Jeep Firmwares to my 2018 UAQ. I spent a week trying to clear that Error 20 on a UAQ unsuccessfully but at the time their weren't any newer/higher firmwares available to me.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I checked some alternate sources, no joy. I'm thinking since you have a brick right now that attempting to flash something newer from Jeeps (if available) may be worth trying. I have successfully flashed Jeep Firmwares to my 2018 UAQ. I spent a week trying to clear that Error 20 on a UAQ unsuccessfully but at the time their weren't any newer/higher firmwares available to me.
Where did you find the Jeep firmware at?

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Seems like I can find UAQ everywhere but not much on the UAS. Did just get an unexpected bonus check, guess I'll buy another or send this one off for repair.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I'm checking now, I wouldn't give up hope just yet and even as is your radio has some value in spare parts. You could likely sell the screen alone for a decent amount to recoup some of your loss if it remains a brick...

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Tried a few on the Jeep sites, same thing, all UAQ radios. So, I just bought a UAQ with a bad screen, since I have a bad radio with a new screen.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Tried a few on the Jeep sites, same thing, all UAQ radios. So, I just bought a UAQ with a bad screen, since I have a bad radio with a new screen.
I don't know if I told you yet but while your in there swap the thermal pads.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
its avaliable on this forum if you just scroll through the threads... I know because I mistakeny douwnloaded it here 2 weeks ago myself before I realised it was the wrong one for my radio. sorry I dont know exactly which thread but theres a big wone with all the different versions for download in it. is was a thread for the qas and uaq radios only.

augiedoggy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
It's a "supported" file meant for these radios/vehicles that have been confirmed as much as can be. It may not be supported by UConnect but they also don't support non-factory installations.
OK so on another forum I read a lengthy thread about a hardware change I believe they made somewhere in 2018 to multiple model 8.4 radios when the manufaturer for the old cellular or gps chip I cant rememebr discontinued that chip so the radios were different even though they were the same model radio and this thread talked about how all the failures when trying to load that file on the wrong radio. I know you think otherwise but think about how much simpler it all would be for FCA if this wasnt the case and each model radio all took the same latest revision? honestly what other reason would they have to not allow the bug fixes for everyone with the same radio? I run into this same situation at work all the time with the machinery I service/support.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
its avaliable on this forum if you just scroll through the threads... I know because I mistakeny douwnloaded it here 2 weeks ago myself before I realised it was the wrong one for my radio. sorry I dont know exactly which thread but theres a big wone with all the different versions for download in it. is was a thread for the qas and uaq radios only.
Would love to know where you found it, I can't find it at all. Three only place I can I find anything for the UAS radios is Mpgrimm2's post, and it only has the 22.6 version.

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Just installed the UAQ, back up and running. Just needs a new digitizer, was using the digitizer off the UAS bricked radio and trying to fix the touching issue, used some foam tape, it was too thick and wouldn't allow the screen to work properly, went to remove the tape, stuck better than I thought and broke the digitizer....this has been fun. Anyways back to the screen and digitizer from the UAQ until another one arrives. If anyone needs a good LCD panel, let me know.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Just installed the UAQ, back up and running. Just needs a new digitizer, was using the digitizer off the UAS bricked radio and trying to fix the touching issue, used some foam tape, it was too thick and wouldn't allow the screen to work properly, went to remove the tape, stuck better than I thought and broke the digitizer....this has been fun. Anyways back to the screen and digitizer from the UAQ until another one arrives. If anyone needs a good LCD panel, let me know.

Well that was the third snafu by my count so it's all smooth sailing from here (knocks on wood)...

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Well that was the third snafu by my count so it's all smooth sailing from here (knocks on wood)...
Make it four…this one ended up bricking as well. I’m about to throw an alpine in, if I can find one.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990