UConnect update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My dealership has 2 Courtesy Vans
Both of them were parked over a year ago, do to Covid distancing rules

My Apartment Manager drove me to the dealership
We drive each other to places like to get eye surgery, etc.

The dealership
Did the W58 Recall .. software solution to Tone Ring material loss, Loss of Crank Position
PERFOMR RRT 19-090 Updated Radio Software from 17.11.07 to 99.99.99 ( 18-60.02-C2 )
Recall VA7 3.0 Performance..
Reprogrammed PCM 18-VA-71-82
Lube Oil & Filter change
Installed Customer Supplied Cabin Air Filter

They could not do Recall VB1 order EGR Cooler

No customer charges $0.00

Last edited:

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My dealership has 2 Courtesy Vans
Both of them were parked over a year ago, do to Covid distancing rules

My Apartment Manager drove me to the dealership
We drive each other to places like to get eye surgery, etc.

The dealership
Did the W58 Recall .. software solution to Tone Ring material loss, Loss of Crank Position
PERFOMR RRT 19-090 Updated Radio Software from 17.11.07 to 99.99.99 ( 18-60.02-C2 )
Recall VA7 3.0 Performance..
Reprogrammed PCM 18-VA-71-82
Lube Oil & Filter change
Installed Customer Supplied Cabin Air Filter

They could not do Recall VB1 order EGR Cooler

No customer charges $0.00
I wonder if that's a real firmware version or if they just made it up? If real, looks like FCA is officially discontinuing support for the RA4. I suspect the former though...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I wonder if that's a real firmware version or if they just made it up? If real, looks like FCA is officially discontinuing support for the RA4. I suspect the former though...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
I've seen a screenshot of this difference before.... That 99.99.99 is just an internal bulletin reference for the actual Fw version, likely v18.45.01. GTyankee world have to verify it in the radios dealer menu.

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Make note to self, make time to check out RA4 radio Menu

Between going to see the Ear, nose and throat Doctor at 10 AM & the Home Care Nurse visit in the afternoon for my leg ulcer.

You know your life is messed up when you are seeing 2 different Doctors every Tuesday & Thursday & have to squeeze a 3rd Doctor in every once in a while & then 3 Home Care nurses on Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.
At least tomorrows Dr. is for my Breathing issue that showed up after having the Flu 14 months ago

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I just checked out my radios Menu

I guess the Updated Radio Software from 17.11.07 to 99.99.99 ( 18-60.02-C2 )

Did not take, the radio still reads 17.11.07

joeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
When I had a 2008 Wranger (JK) with Uconnect problems, the dealer never tried to anything other than swap the radio (twice) with refurb units. There must be some elves working in a radio shop somewhere that know how to recover from a failed update and do other repairs.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just checked out my radios Menu

I guess the Updated Radio Software from 17.11.07 to 99.99.99 ( 18-60.02-C2 )

Did not take, the radio still reads 17.11.07
The 99.99.99 is just a generic number they put in the star case. Your new update should be 18.45.01. If you are still showing 17.11.07 in the settings menu you are correct that the dealer didn't do the update. There is really no way for it not to take once they insert the USB and hit start. I would think there is a much better chance that they forgot to do the update. Once it's done all of your issues with the clock and the navigation should be corrected. I would recommend taking the truck back when you're able and tell them do actually update it this time. You can also do it yourself if you are comfortable with a computer to download the firmware yourself or know someone who is.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Sagscout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have the 8.4" UConnect in my 2018 Ram and it auto-updated about 2 months ago. Since the update, I have a lot of problems with the radio locking up when the truck starts. Sometimes there is no sound, other times the backup camera doesn't work (blue screen) and when this occurs it eventually reboots but I have no use of the touchscreen controls, volume control, climate, etc. Am I the only one? This is incredibly inconvenient.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ricks Ram

I have gone to the DriveConnect website & downloaded the ZIP file for Update VP4, 18.45.01
Then i unzipped it, there are 5 files
I then formatted the Thumb Drive for Fat 32
Then i transferred each of the 5 files, one at a time to the thumb drive.
Then i put the thumb drive into the USB port in my Ram & set the Ram radio to USB

The Ram did Not see the thumb drive

I tried clearing the thumb drive & tried it 2 more times.

I figured that i must be doing something wrong, so i took it to Best Buy & 1 of the geek Squad going through the whole process & used 2 different methods & that did not work either.

Then i went to the dealership & they tried it using their own thumb drive, it was not seen by the radio either.

I now have to make an appointment to see if the USB port has a malfunction.
The service adviser connected up his cell phone to that USB port & it recognized his cell phone & he played music through the my Rams speakers

He told me that there are 2 updates that need to be done to the radio, so that means that when i was there they didn't do the radio update that they said that they had already done.
I believe that he said it was a GPS update

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I have the 8.4" UConnect in my 2018 Ram and it auto-updated about 2 months ago. Since the update, I have a lot of problems with the radio locking up when the truck starts. Sometimes there is no sound, other times the backup camera doesn't work (blue screen) and when this occurs it eventually reboots but I have no use of the touchscreen controls, volume control, climate, etc. Am I the only one? This is incredibly inconvenient.

Ricks Ram

I have gone to the DriveConnect website & downloaded the ZIP file for Update VP4, 18.45.01
Then i unzipped it, there are 5 files
I then formatted the Thumb Drive for Fat 32
Then i transferred each of the 5 files, one at a time to the thumb drive.
Then i put the thumb drive into the USB port in my Ram & set the Ram radio to USB

The Ram did Not see the thumb drive

I tried clearing the thumb drive & tried it 2 more times.

I figured that i must be doing something wrong, so i took it to Best Buy & 1 of the geek Squad going through the whole process & used 2 different methods & that did not work either.

Then i went to the dealership & they tried it using their own thumb drive, it was not seen by the radio either.

I now have to make an appointment to see if the USB port has a malfunction.
The service adviser connected up his cell phone to that USB port & it recognized his cell phone & he played music through the my Rams speakers

He told me that there are 2 updates that need to be done to the radio, so that means that when i was there they didn't do the radio update that they said that they had already done.
I believe that he said it was a GPS update

Uh oh! Sorry to hear that you ran into concerns. If you'd like our additional support while working with your dealer to get this addressed, please feel free to keep us updated via private messages. We'd be happy to step in, if needed!

Courtney
Ram Cares

DavidRussell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l HEMI
Hey try using a different tool to format to fat32. Windows is horrible at it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ohhh boy, started the truck this am and there is another forced scheduled update……

northvibe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My current version on my 2019 ram 1500 classic with 8.4 w/o nav: 20.37.11

Tomorrow or tonight we’ll see what happens

To find this, have the truck on or acc on, hold driver side temp up, driver side temp down, and front defrost buttons at the same time for 5-7 seconds and you’ll see the menu go to “dealer mode”

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
My current version on my 2019 ram 1500 classic with 8.4 w/o nav: 20.37.11

Tomorrow or tonight we’ll see what happens

To find this, have the truck on or acc on, hold driver side temp up, driver side temp down, and front defrost buttons at the same time for 5-7 seconds and you’ll see the menu go to “dealer mode”
The 2018 & up Factory 8.4 radios by Panasonic officially go by the Application Version (not sw version).

The last officially available download was v22.6.0 and there were a few people reported getting an OTA update to v22.61.0 that was problematic.

New 2020/21 8.4 Classic UAQ/UAS radios are supposedly shipping with v34.2.0

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not really a tech guy..........all I know is if it's working fine .....why jack with it?????? now they are forcing the update on me???

I mean it is my truck..... I should be able to have a say so!!!