uconnect video issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryans ramz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 2016 ram 1500 Laramie. 8.4 harmon kardon head unit 8.4 vp4 with nav
with Uconnect software.verision 15.blah... it sucks because OTA
deosnt come at any time. it only has gps and bluetooth. no wifi option. no screen mirror either. it has a media hub
connect with usb audio, aux audio and sd audio. the headunit will not load any medias files. ive tried sending myself a link for youtube, just loads sound. i know i can play
video
by lock pinning rca video to chromecast hdmi to rca and usb to power the chromecast and rca red and white to aux for sound . this is video 1 or 2, im not sure with one, but one is available.
screen mirroring but thats alot of boloney. its
overkill just to mirror it with wifi. please confirm cheapest and easiest way to do this with the proper easy connects. please provide cable name and list of cables required. i will purchase from your online store. also
maybe a way to update without spending 50.00 at the dealer per update 150.00 to get up to 18.45 which i cant even get from unconnect and dealer will only update to 17. blah... uconnect is garbage in turns of voice recognigtion, bluetooth, wifi and mirroring oh and 199.00 to upgrade maps as im at version 9. 15 version to boot. grrrrr