Undercover swing case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you have/ how heavy?

I thought I had a pic but I don’t, I’ll have to swing by where they are stored. I never weighed them but they are heavy. 2 big *** metal slide out drawers that came out of a commercial van.

boxofrokx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had them for 5 years or more. They are well made. The latch (like a car door) is reliable and sturdy. While the box is plastic, they are supported in a metal frame. I kept bottle jacks, tools, receiver hitches. Heavy stuff. In short, in the years I had them, they never sagged or drooped.

I mounted mine a couple inches off the floor of the bed. If you have 'stuff' in your bed, most of it will have to be cleared before the box can swing. Mounting it a couple inches off the floor, makes it so it can swing over the small stuff.

I traded in that truck for a truck with Rambox a year ago. Last week I bought a 'o5 GMC RCSB from my dad. I will be getting the undercovers for it.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What do you have/ how heavy?

Got 2 of them, 4’ long. Came out of a 3500 work van (upon delivery to the yard). Thought they’d be great for a flatbed i was considering way back when I was dreaming of a SAS build on my Tacoma.

452E9274-E613-414E-B421-EF24A8D79B7B.jpeg

F76287F7-7842-44F4-AC59-11D4C3A3A108.jpeg

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do these swing boxes mount to existing holes, or is drilling involved ?

DarthMegaHD

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4 MegaCab 4x4 Black Edition
Website shows $199 right now. They look like a more practical alternative to ram boxes, but I wouldn’t want to drill into my bed and it looks like you would have to. Also how does it secure in the stowed position so it doesn’t flap around while driving?

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Website shows $199 right now. They look like a more practical alternative to ram boxes, but I wouldn’t want to drill into my bed and it looks like you would have to. Also how does it secure in the stowed position so it doesn’t flap around while driving?
You do need to drill into your bed, but I am OK with that, watch the video here on the install and you can see how it secure in you bed. I haven't install my yet but am planing on doing it soon.

https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-swingcase

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont think there is a substitue for the rambox to be honest lol

boxofrokx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They latch with a mechanizm similar to a car door. You pull a rod on the tailgate end to release the latch.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You definitely need to drill into the bed! But I like the fact that I can lock them into the bed (need padlocks) or I can just lift them out if I want the extra width. I don't take them with me all the time since they currently only carry my recovery gear...which when I'm on the road isn't all that useful! :) Options are good!

dputnam01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Turbo Diesel
From what I have read you have to drill holes.

The installation has (six) self-drilling bolts. I installed a passenger side unit. Against their recommendations, I installed over my Bedrug. It went on and torqued down well. I'll be using it for all my straps, but someone made a good point about the weight getting thrashed around if you are off-roading.

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’ve been using the swingcases for years, both sides. Very easy install and operation. Never had a problem with them and I have done plenty off-road trips with them. I carry all my recovery gear and odd emergency camping gear in them and they get pretty heavily loaded. Once in awhile I need to lift up a little on the front of them in order to open, but that’s only because I load them so heavy. One thing I like about them is that they tuck out of the way. I keep forgetting that they’re there . I’ll see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

02E60519-565E-4D6B-9879-2B7BE95E8E0C.jpeg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve been using the swingcases for years, both sides. Very easy install and operation. Never had a problem with them and I have done plenty off-road trips with them. I carry all my recovery gear and odd emergency camping gear in them and they get pretty heavily loaded. Once in awhile I need to lift up a little on the front of them in order to open, but that’s only because I load them so heavy. One thing I like about them is that they tuck out of the way. I keep forgetting that they’re there . I’ll see if I can figure out how to post a pic.

View attachment 177706

What is the spare tire and high lift jack mounted to?