Undercover swing case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mace Peveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had one similar to this one in my old truck. It worked out very well. I have the Rambox now, so it's not necessary.

DSCN1791.jpg

Last edited:

rwwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The mounts are steel. I've got one in my truck that I use to hold tie downs, hitch bars, etc. It's worked out great for me.

-K

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Recovery strap, winch cable damper, tree strap, snow brush, and shackle set are kept under the rear seat. Snow/mud chains are kept in a large sealed ammunition box lying on the rear cab center hump. Got a topper for the bed and use ratchet straps to hold in 4 waste recycling bins to carry gas, water, tool boxes, etc.
007-hand-153.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Reasoning I'm looking is the swivel its able to do. Those who have them do you off road, how long have you had them? Just curious the longevity

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can build a set of bed draws for $250 that will last for a real long time. I would consider that before spending $400 on plastic.

OP
OP
Meister

Meister

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You can build a set of bed draws for $250 that will last for a real long time. I would consider that before spending $400 on plastic.
Any ideas or write ups on how to

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any ideas or write ups on how to

I've been waiting to build myself one for a while now. There are a 1000 ways to skin it so i'd start on youtube and instagram to get your ideas flowing.

I know I will use box steel and bearings for the sliders (seems to handle the most weight and it is cheap) and will use 3/4 ply mostly to build the drawers. I want to be able to put my quad on top of the drawers when i am done so strength is key.

This is a good DIY video that is something I would build straight from the video if I didn't have an imagination for what I want.

I am not that plain though. I really like his roller system but I also want to mount my 8 gallon compressor and do a sliding tray so I have designs for that also.

Plus it would be really nice to include some electronics here also. There are so many things you can do.

Hope this helps.

Mazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I have the Leonard Swingout boxes on both sides....I just had them installed a few weeks ago, so can't say anything about durability yet, and so far, haven't had them off road! But, they seem to do the job! Now though, I'm getting a Tonneau cover and having my Pro Eagle 3ton Jack mounted in the bed so I can actually change my tire if it goes flat.
My swing out boxes contain my recovery equipment...although...haven't gone offroad yet and here in the south, no snow....so...guess I'm just being prepared for hunting season!!

Bock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also bought the swing case haven't installed them yet still seating in the garage (something I need to get done). I did not wanted to give up 12" in my bed I use my truck as a truck and will haul everything, furniture, drywall, 55 gal. drums, or a load of dirt with the swing case I still have my full bed. Now if you are planing on caring heavy tools they are not going to work, but if you are looking to put recovery equipment, boots, rain gear and stuff like that, I thing they will be great for that.

Last edited:

IRSmart

I drink and I know things
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Have had the swing case in my truck for six months. I think the lock could have been designed a little differently, but that’s just me. I keep all my recovery gear in it. Straps, hi lift base, shackles, gloves, etc. Mine is surviving fine so far. As a side note, if you have an 18, only get the passenger side box. The drivers side box blocks the switch to turn on the LED bed lights.

C0467C09-5A2F-423C-9B2C-2836743D7E21.jpeg

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I didn't want one on both sides because I think it looks to crowded, so I just bought one for the driver side. I believe they are way over-priced, but there isn't many non-permanent options out there. Cheaper options are offered by Cabela's but the plastic is flimsier and they don't swing-out (which is why Swingcase probably charges what they do).
I have mine under a Bakflip and it works fine. I use it for additional items that won't fit in my in-floor boxes especially since they removed the raised-lip storage well under the seats on the 19's.
They're a heavier-gauge plastic and super easy to remove if you need wall to wall space.

TruckTime19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Wait to they go on sale. Typical sale price is $179 to $189, but I picked mine up in early December for $152.50 shipped.

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
That's awesome! I think, I will get rid of pillow cases, that I've been using and buy that box :)
I found that photo on line, but have the same sized heavy duty recycling bins from Waste Management. I haven't seen any similar tough and thick wall plastic bins for sale at any home/hardware stores. The bigger items like water jugs, gasoline cans, and propane tanks which won't fit in a swing out case need some firm storage too.

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I found that photo on line, but have the same sized heavy duty recycling bins from Waste Management. I haven't seen any similar tough and thick wall plastic bins for sale at any home/hardware stores. The bigger items like water jugs, gasoline cans, and propane tanks which won't fit in a swing out case need some firm storage too.
I have seen similar boxes at Sportsman's warehouse in Oregon. Heavier duty and lockable for about $30. Thinking of getting a couple of them.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been waiting to build myself one for a while now. There are a 1000 ways to skin it so i'd start on youtube and instagram to get your ideas flowing.

I know I will use box steel and bearings for the sliders (seems to handle the most weight and it is cheap) and will use 3/4 ply mostly to build the drawers. I want to be able to put my quad on top of the drawers when i am done so strength is key.

This is a good DIY video that is something I would build straight from the video if I didn't have an imagination for what I want.

I am not that plain though. I really like his roller system but I also want to mount my 8 gallon compressor and do a sliding tray so I have designs for that also.

Plus it would be really nice to include some electronics here also. There are so many things you can do.

Hope this helps.

I’ve got something you might be interested in but they are damn heavy.