Up in flames!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Hope he insured it before he drove it off the lot...

Most dealers usually require that an insurance binder be in effect before they give you the keys (especially in states where insurance is mandatory... which is nearly all of them.) This is doubly true if you're financing the thing, since the lender is going to have that demand. Gap insurance is often included for the first x days after purchase, but not always.

So, yeah... insurance company is going to eat a great, big loss (unless they can weasel it under some loophole.)

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious to know what engine that is??

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See not all dealerships are BAD. This dealer is going to great lengths to make it right ,Good for the owner of the truck :banana-mario:

I like to believe, but its also possible they are going to great lengths because they knew of (or caused) the possible electrical issue that possibly started the fire.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like to believe, but its also possible they are going to great lengths because they knew of (or caused) the possible electrical issue that possibly started the fire.
Cant make the world happy only try and they are doing just that. If that was my truck I would be very happy the way they handled the unfortunate problem. You know **** Happens

gofish101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Outdoorsman CC
Engine
5.7 hemi
Sure am glad everyone is alright and the dealer is stepping up to the plate.

I don't want to hijack the thread but thought I would add a little something.
In my F150 days the forums had lots of threads with burned/melted to the ground "military grade aluminum" F150's.

Happy to be back in a Ram.

Random_Walk

...what's this bolt do? *plink* ...oh.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 QC 4WD SLT
Engine
Pentastar 3.6

Possibly, and it's a great way to avoid a far more expensive lawsuit. However, it has one big, fat benefit besides: Good PR.

46RamMan

U.S. Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's not gud... on a lighter side he can now choose the new color....

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500