UPR Catch can

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of catch cans before! Until we bought our 2019 Ram Hemi. Funny because I am not a automotive newbie.

Any way, after some R&D. Decided, yep I need one. But $300 ?????? And of course the $30 EBAY specials were not very encouraging.

I finally decided on the UPR Model For Ram 1500 5.7. It appears to have most of the requirements for a good catch can and not wildly expensive. On order.

09-20 Dodge Ram 5.7L Billet Oil Catch Can Z Mount $139.98

After install I will check and see how much crud I catch and how much oil is getting past it by checking hoses and connections after the can. I think this may be a valid indicator of performance.

Any thoughts? Or has this horse been beaten to death already LOL

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Big Horn/Lone Star 4x2 Crew
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I’ve been using a UPR CC for two years and zero complaints. Purchased mine from Gotexhaust.com who is a sponsor of this forum.

Just be sure to purchase the drain kit so you can route the included hose using tie wraps. Then all it takes is opening the valve to drain the can into your oil bucket. Makes it very easy and works well.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been using a UPR CC for two years and zero complaints. Purchased mine from Gotexhaust.com who is a sponsor of this forum.

Just be sure to purchase the drain kit so you can route the included hose using tie wraps. Then all it takes is opening the valve to drain the can into your oil bucket. Makes it very easy and works well.
Thanks, appreciate it.
I tried the gotoexhaust website. And got frustrated with it acting up. At least for me. So I ordered it directly from UPR.

Thanks again.

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received from UPR today. Well made Good hoses rated at 300 PSI.

Will install in a couple of days.

IMG_20200629_160042.jpg

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPR makes the best quality catch can on the market. I run UPR CCs on 2 of my personal vehicle.

Sorry for your troubles on our site. It is getting revamped. ANYTHING you guys need just reach out to me directly. that way I can offer you any available discounts as well!

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
UPR makes the best quality catch can on the market. I run UPR CCs on 2 of my personal vehicle.

Sorry for your troubles on our site. It is getting revamped. ANYTHING you guys need just reach out to me directly. that way I can offer you any available discounts as well!

Thanks for the reply.

Too bad, I would have been happy to use a site sponsor. I kept getting a web site errorerror.jpg .

Next time!

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Just PM him in this site like I did and he gets right back to you.

Also, let me know if you had black soot collecting on the bottom of your chrome exhaust tips on the back of the truck. Mine stopped doing it and I haven’t had to clean door off chrome since I installed my Catch Can. I don’t know if it had anything to do with it but ten months later and no soot collecting on my chrome exhaust tips. Call it anecdotal evidence...

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply.

Too bad, I would have been happy to use a site sponsor. I kept getting a web site errorView attachment 213673 .

Next time!

yeah I know its not working. Major changes have been made to the site and lots of products have not been added. Just message me with ANYTHING you may need. We offer most products for the RAM!

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I just PM’d you Nick as I need to purchase another UPR CC set up for my Daughter-in-Laws 2019 Ram.

NorthStar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Ordered and paid for in less than 13 minutes. Thanks Nick!

Last edited:
OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just PM him in this site like I did and he gets right back to you.

Also, let me know if you had black soot collecting on the bottom of your chrome exhaust tips on the back of the truck. Mine stopped doing it and I haven’t had to clean door off chrome since I installed my Catch Can. I don’t know if it had anything to do with it but ten months later and no soot collecting on my chrome exhaust tips. Call it anecdotal evidence...

My Ram has under 5000 miles. Not sure how much soot would be normal or abnormal. But I took a picture of the paper towel I used to wipe the bottom of the tip with.

I guess I can check it in 5000 miles and report back. Could be around Christmas time:p

soot[1].jpg

senator49

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like my UPR catch can but not their hoses and their installation instructions are not very good. My can is not labeled for in and out but I looked up the design of the UPR catch can and figured it out. Proper installation shows the inlet and outlet hoses cross each other. The inlet is the open side and the outlet is the side with the filter.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Does anyone know the size of the 90° elbow fittings and where I can get them in black ? I know the hose is 1/2" but what about the threaded side, is that 3/8 ?

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know the size of the 90° elbow fittings and where I can get them in black ? I know the hose is 1/2" but what about the threaded side, is that 3/8 ?

Get a 1/2 and a3/8 and take back the one you don't need. Or take one of the fittings in and match it up. Probably will have to get a brass one and paint it black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Get a 1/2 and a3/8 and take back the one you don't need. Or take one of the fittings in and match it up. Probably will have to get a brass one and paint it black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is what I ended up doing, painting the ones it came with black ...