USB C question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Can anyone educate me what is/can be used in the USB C ports. My 2020 Limited has 2 in the front seat area and 2 in rear seat area. I had never heard of these before and I am not a techie, so any help please.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
It will only charge faster if your phone is capable of fast charge. Also there are different charging technologies, quick charge, and power delivery. They are not interchange, mraning they will only quickly charge your phone with its compatible tech. Quick charge 3.0 is coming out and it will be compatible with power delivery.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Most Android phones coming out have a USB C port on them, so for the most part it's just a different cable needed to plug in your phone. Operational wise they transfer the same data as a type A USB port. You can even buy USB C type thumb flash drives, will work the same.
The advantage of the C style plug is it goes in either side up and works.
...or does it?
https://www.pcgamer.com/absolute-mo...that-works-differently-if-you-flip-the-cable/