USB Error

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin Craft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I was not able to find anything similar when searching.

I have a 2016 Ram 5.7l Quad cab, Ive been using USB in the console for about 3 months or so when I bought the truck and everything worked out fine, up until a few weeks ago when I started getting this error "
qRHGtlu
"

If that image does not work, it says " USB Error : USB Must be removed for Reset to complete"

I have tried multiple USB cords, Using an Apple Iphone6 (im cheap and it works perfectly fine so I cant bring myself to spend $1300 on a new phone), my fiancee has an Iphone X and it does the same thing. All of my UConnect software is up to date. Sometimes it will play for 5-15 minutes then stop and say that.

Also if you're wondering why I dont just use Bluetooth, that doesn't stay connected and cuts out when using the hands free phone, or playing music. I took it to the dealership where I bought the truck (not a Ram Dealer) and they couldn't provide any quick fixes, but will look into it more when I have an oil change this coming Monday.

If anyone would have any ideas on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Additional note: the USB on the dash also says the same thing when I plug my phone in.

OP
OP
A

Austin Craft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ill give that a shot...Turns out there was an update to the uconnect that was a dealer only update to version 13.00.19.33 which i had the dealership do this morning (at a cost of 150 frigging dollars....which is absolutely asinine) and it did absolutely nothing. I'll try the reboot here in a little while. If that doesn't work i was also recommended to disconnect the battery for 10-20 minutes to let all the electronics shut down and see if that works.

OP
OP
A

Austin Craft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that reboot that you shared didnt do anything...like I put the truck in acc held down the buttons (Phone and voice recognition buttons and the volume/tune) at different times and the screen never went black to initiate the reboot.

jdfjbird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Austin Craft
My 2017 is matching the description you have given in this post thread.
So my question is since last comment in 2019
We're you able to figure out the issue so I can fix mine now 3 years later.