Use LED 9005 for high beam?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
So I saw a Ram earlier today that looked like he had swapped the high beam bulb to LED (DRL), and it got me thinking. I've been looking around a bit, but has anyone found a bulb that works properly with low voltage DRL? Seems like a simple mod that would look pretty awesome

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
Well, I'm running an HID 35W as a hi-beam/DRL in my quad set-up ... so why not?

It would only be a harness away.

I'm next door in Alberta so I feel your DRL pain. The DRL signal trips the relay in the harness and sends power from the battery. Shouldn't be an issue at all.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm running LED 9005's in my high beams (Green currently, 6000K in the mail).
I don't have DRLs, but I think most LEDs work from like 3.5 to 24V (some bigass range).

chuck2417

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have the projector headlights? Do the brights actually work (put out enough light) with an LED bulb? Where did you pick-up the bulb?

OP
OP
Alex

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I don't care about output from the high beams, my HID projectors from Retroshop more than take care of that, I was just looking for something that would stand out a little, and the DRLs are on whenever I'm driving, so why not right?