USMC1188's 5.9 Cummins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CUMMINS
Hmmmm what ever in this world are you talking about?? LOL Glad you got the noise taken care of and the leaky seal fixed! I just found a nice loud popping noise in my front end tonight as I was leaving the gas station on my way to work.. Guess where I will be tomorrow afternoon?? Yup under the truck yet again!! Its always a never ending battle!

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Well here it is. Took my valve cover off to paint it. This was my first major painting job and I think it turned out decent enough.

The plan is to let the clearcoat dry overnight tonight and take the rest of the tape of in the morning and reinstall shortly after.

IMG_2586.jpg
IMG_2584.jpgIMG_2582.jpg

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Thanks for the compliments guys

Got it put on this morning. I think it looks awesome. The color is slightly off, a bit brighter, but it still looks great
IMG_2589.jpg
IMG_2591.jpg
IMG_2592.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
bad ass

infernoredram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
That looks great! What kinda paint did you use? And did you just tape off the area you did t want painted?

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
That looks great! What kinda paint did you use? And did you just tape off the area you did t want painted?

I used the Rustoleum High Heat engine enamel. I prolly didnt have to, but I figured why the Hell not.

For painting it. I sanded it down lightly with some 400grit sandpaper.
IMG_2566.jpg
After cleaning it, I shot some adhesion promoter on it. After that dried for a few minutes, I painted the entire thing red.
IMG_2570.jpg
From there, I taped off everything I did not want painted black or silver
IMG_2576.jpg
Then it got the stripes
IMG_2577.jpg
After I let that all dry completly, I peeled back a few places so I could paint the letters with a paint pen
IMG_2579.jpg
Lastly, I carefully peeled back the rest of the tape and wetsanded a couple places where I had some overspray.
IMG_2581.jpg
And finally clearcoated it.
IMG_2584.jpg
IMG_2588.jpg

That's hot!

Thanks!

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Got my oil cap lookin better to match the rest of the valve cover
IMG_2606.jpg

As a couple of you already know, my front speakers were going out. I bought a pair of Polk DB691 3-ways to replace my stockers with. I got them today, and can't believe how easy of an install it was with 0 problems.
IMG_2600.jpg

I also couldn't believe the size difference of the factory ones vs the Polk's
IMG_2601.jpg

After the door panel came off, they literally just fell in place, super easy (coming from a guy with 0 audio knowledge)
IMG_2598.jpg

IMG_2594.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

And I couldn't belive it, but it all went back together as easy as it came apart (seems like that never happens)
IMG_2596.jpg

The difference in sound was amazing, I can't believe how much better quality the music is than from the factory. Now I can't wait to put the rear ones in.

Thanks to the guys that gave advice in my other thread asking questions about the speakers

schroederMP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Looks good man...and your right, them bad boys are a lot deeper lol

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
So I haven't been able to do ANYTHING with the truck because of lack of funds. With only taking 3 classes at UC and with the summer schedules screwed up there have only been able to work a couple days a week, money has been kinda short.

I have been putting every penny I can back for the transmission build, and it looks like I am about a month or two out from that. Once that is done, it's game on!

I am not going to lie, not doing any sort of modding to the truck in the last couple months has gotten kinda boring, and to help that, I said screw it and turned the Smarty up a little bit yesterday, lol

Here is some proof the truck still exists with a couple recent pics
IMG_2608.jpg
WP_000053.jpg

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
I hate people!

I was at work earlier and we were having one of our rare busy moments. A Hispanic guy came in and bought a gas cap. Nothing crazy, I didn't pay attention because there were other customers to take care of. He walked out of the store and left after he paid.

A couple minutes later, a guy comes in and asks if that's my red truck in the back of the parking lot. I told him yes, and asked whats up. He said that the idiot that I just sold the gas cap to backed into my truck on his way out and drove off.

I was lucky on 2 accounts. I had the rare Good Samaritan that let me know that it happened. He actually caught the guys license plate number and a basic description of the car. I was able to go back on the computer and get the rest of the info on his car from his purchase.

The second part is I do not see anything on my truck. Looks like I was lucky and got away damage free.

But let me tell you, if that guy EVER comes back into my Autozone... he is in a world of ****!

Sorry about my rant, but I have been pissed all evening about it.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
glad the truck is okay man, and I understand the short on funds thing! thats me during the fall and spring when in school.

Love your truck btw, I have a soft spot for red trucks lol

and that paint job turned out awesome

OP
OP
USMC1188

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
glad the truck is okay man, and I understand the short on funds thing! thats me during the fall and spring when in school.

Love your truck btw, I have a soft spot for red trucks lol

and that paint job turned out awesome

Thanks bud, I really appreciate it

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea man that looks awesome!!
Ive been wanting to do something with my cover, just haven't figured it out yet