Vacuum disconnected?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SolelyFlukeD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi everyone! I have an 85 d100 with a 318. I just got it and the other day it wouldn't run without my foot on the gas. I went to check under the hood and there's what I think to be a vacuum hose popped off. I don't know much about engines or where it goes.Vik73Rv_d.png AYx9D4R.png 8ZT8Wpn.png

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Pull off the aira cleaner so you can see underneath. Then look for a small pipe extension, possibly with a bell end, near the intake manifold or base of the carb. That's where that hose will hook up.

As those small rubber hoses get older, they expand and crack so they won't stay in place. If you want a reliable running truck that you won't have to keep chasing vacuum issues on, I'd suggest getting some hose and start replacing them, one by one, until they are all new.

With this truck you'll learn plenty about engines.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My guess would be here...

AYx9D4R.jpg

wink

OP
OP
S

SolelyFlukeD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My guess would be here...

AYx9D4R.jpg

wink
That was my guess too but I didn't want to just go around plugging stuff in when I didn't know what I was doing haha. I'll try that out. The hose is too small and short for it. And it's not cut/jagged so I don't know if there is some kind of extension or what.

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Since everything but that carb fitting is so dirty, seems the likely culprit. Maybe that loose hose is missing an extension. Might try to find a picture (service manual or dealer parts dept) to see where all the hoses go. Best of luck with it!

wink

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dyadeta