Waiting on parts - anyone else have this issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a light come on in July of 2021 indicating the ABS system was having an issue on a 2014 Ram Laramie 5.7L. I took it into the dealership to have it checked and see if my extended warranty would cover it. They kept the truck two days and then called and said I could pick it up and we would have to wait on the part, which was an ABS module part # 68228991AD. They said the parts system would not let them order it and that it had a date of 1/2022 that they could order it. January came and the date was moved to 1/5/2023 now. Truck stops but I have no ABS or traction control now in a 2014 RAM with only 84,000 miles on it. Normally this would be a quick and easy fix. Anyone else finding that they just can't get parts and there is nothing that can be done. They even told me that I could try the junk yards at this point, that was the best they could offer. I can't even trade it in at this point since the light is on.

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had a light come on in July of 2021 indicating the ABS system was having an issue on a 2014 Ram Laramie 5.7L. I took it into the dealership to have it checked and see if my extended warranty would cover it. They kept the truck two days and then called and said I could pick it up and we would have to wait on the part, which was an ABS module part # 68228991AD. They said the parts system would not let them order it and that it had a date of 1/2022 that they could order it. January came and the date was moved to 1/5/2023 now. Truck stops but I have no ABS or traction control now in a 2014 RAM with only 84,000 miles on it. Normally this would be a quick and easy fix. Anyone else finding that they just can't get parts and there is nothing that can be done. They even told me that I could try the junk yards at this point, that was the best they could offer. I can't even trade it in at this point since the light is on.
Parts are an issue. I have a brand new 2500 that had the battery stolen and harness cut while at the rail yard. Going on two months now for the harness. If you are considering trade, show the salesman the work order. Explain the situation and they can account for the part issue. Shouldn't affect the trade that much.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder why all this is happening? anybody have any ideas?

OP
OP
MikeinJaxHemi

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wonder why all this is happening? anybody have any ideas?
They just said it is a supply chain issue due to the Covid Virus. The parts system says they were switching suppliers for the part and that they would have it when that was finished. I'm guessing they have stopped making parts that they don't need for new vehicles so that they can produce more for them. They probably are not too concerned about 2014/15 trucks right now. I'm thinking this may convince me to switch brands now. This is just crazy.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
They just said it is a supply chain issue due to the Covid Virus. The parts system says they were switching suppliers for the part and that they would have it when that was finished. I'm guessing they have stopped making parts that they don't need for new vehicles so that they can produce more for them. They probably are not too concerned about 2014/15 trucks right now. I'm thinking this may convince me to switch brands now. This is just crazy.
And switching brands is not going to change anything, there are shortages for every vehicle at this time. Toyota just announced a production shut down due to shortages and the japanese were good at keeping their supply chains in good condition.

SKS 800

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Brands do not matter. My company issued Ford Escape broke down a week ago and the dealership is hoping the parts will be in the end of February.

OP
OP
MikeinJaxHemi

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brands do not matter. My company issued Ford Escape broke down a week ago and the dealership is hoping the parts will be in the end of February.
I wish end of February, in this case they are saying next year.

injunbilly1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2014 Ram 1500 Big Horn. Same problem here. Dealership is saying I cant use a used part since the module is married to the old vehicle. Other are saying it can be done. Not sure what the real answer is at this point.

OP
OP
MikeinJaxHemi

MikeinJaxHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The part is now coming in to dealerships. I got a call from the Ram Customer Service line last week and had it installed yesterday. Anyone that was waiting on this part, you may want to check with your dealership now.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Several trucking outfits had drivers staying home during covid, there were other truckers that needed a paycheck, even if it meant they might get covid.
END CHAPTER 1

Truckers returned to work, but something happened while they were gone.

Trucks were leaving the Sea Ports loaded with goods, mostly at Long Beach California
It takes a week to Off Load a cargo ship, the truckers had to drop the empty trailer that they were suppose to take back to any empty ship that was heading to China, Japan, etc.
So the truckers dropped the trailer to pick up another full trailer & go deliver it.
Soon there was thousands of empty trailers sitting all over the Los Angeles Harbor on shore.
They should have been loading those trailers onto those emptied Ships, to go back over seas, but the Port Authorities screwed up & sent the ships out of the harbor without a load of empty containers.

Currently the Port was told to add track so that they could get more cranes out on the piers, so the get those empty trailers onto ships.
Over in those overseas companies, a good portion of the Exporters had to close their warehouses, because they had to room to store more product, they desperately need those empty containers, so they can be filled & sent to ports all over the world.

Last December,

96 container ships are waiting to dock at SoCal ports​

Last month
There are currently about 64 container ships waiting to be unloaded & there are 30 some more ships en route & those ships have been told to slow down, the Port Authorities does not want the public to see a back up of ships in the harbor

Smyers486

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited and the air compressor went out 4/26. Took it to the dealership and they said they would have to order the part. Fast forward to 7/11 and I'm still waiting. They only send out shipments 1x a week per Ram rep and even expediting the case has zero effect on receiving the part(s) sooner. It truly baffles me that such a large company still can't seem to find a remedy to this issue 2 yrs into it. Folks can say whatever they want but waiting 11 weeks for parts is unacceptable. Also, they will NOT reimburse you on any car payments made while your truck is inoperable due to THEIR issue. You are just supposed to be ok with it.... oh and they're so sry too. Shame.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waiting on a new E FAN for MY 19. Ordered 1 Feb 2022, arrival date, get out the Ouija Board.

nawlins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2021 Ram 1500 parts delay too: now 4 weeks and counting. Start/Stop alternator tensioner pulleys…need two only one received. Promised week after week. Ridiculous.
Anyone else having this pulley issue? It’s squealing and whining.