Water Leak Drivers side (Water pooling under Drivers Mat)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Guys I'm getting allot of inbox messages for this potentially truck Destroying Mold causing issue.Looks like someone or possibly a Robot is missing a sealer adhesive on the Drivers side below the windshield in the Wheel well Fender Area.GUYS the Fender must be removed to get to the bad weld or Sealer area. CHECK THE PICTURE OUT!!!!3e8992da4c09385f30957671edca3356.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Guys I'm getting allot of inbox messages for this potentially truck Destroying Mold causing issue.Looks like someone or possibly a Robot is missing a sealer adhesive on the Drivers side below the windshield in the Wheel well Fender Area.GUYS the Fender must be removed to get to the bad weld or Sealer area. CHECK THE PICTURE OUT!!!!3e8992da4c09385f30957671edca3356.jpg

Can you pull the picture back a bit to get a better idea of the location please?

TigreST

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have a sunroof? Plugged or disconnected sunroof drain lines might end up leaking to the floor area's? I believe there is one each side at the "A" pillar and one each side at the "B" pillar locations (depending on truck model).

T.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
No sunroof this is the leak a badly sealed weld seam

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was given this picture of the seam without sealer the dealer told me the Drivers side front Fender had to actually be removed to get to this Area

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can you pull the picture back a bit to get a better idea of the location please?
Ernie this I'd what the service manager gave me.He said the Drivers side front Fender must be removed to get to this area.i believe its below the Windshield area ..

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
For all the skeptics on here, this is a real issue with these trucks. My truck is on it's third trip back to the dealer over this issue and I'm in the buyback process. This is not the sunroof/drain issue.

My service manager told me that even the 2019 tradesman loaner my dealer gave me had this problem!

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For all the skeptics on here, this is a real issue with these trucks. My truck is on it's third trip back to the dealer over this issue and I'm in the buyback process. This is not the sunroof/drain issue.

My service manager told me that even the 2019 tradesman loaner my dealer gave me had this problem!

Seems like leaks and loose grounds have been a common issue with the new 19's.

OP
OP
Johnny P

Johnny P

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ernie I called the service guy who handled the case and he said he will get the complete info from the tech.But I was told this area is somewhere by the Door and fender..But I'm waiting for him to give me a complete low down.They found a few poorly sealed areas and even changed the Door Seal and pressure tested the Windshield. I was told 2 weeks ago that the Dealer was looking at a third party guy called the Leak Dr in N.H. but when I picked the truck up Monday the service writer said the Fender was removed from the truck.

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Ernie I called the service guy who handled the case and he said he will get the complete info from the tech.But I was told this area is somewhere by the Door and fender..But I'm waiting for him to give me a complete low down.They found a few poorly sealed areas and even changed the Door Seal and pressure tested the Windshield. I was told 2 weeks ago that the Dealer was looking at a third party guy called the Leak Dr in N.H. but when I picked the truck up Monday the service writer said the Fender was removed from the truck.

10.4 following

Theo2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Seems like leaks and loose grounds have been a common issue with the new 19's.

Yep had that loose ground issue as well. Luckily Johnny P is sharing this info.

The problem for me is there isn't a truck that I would be happy switching to now. I'm not even interested in the raptor. I looked at a 19 Tundra TRD Pro and it was depressing for me - I don't care how reliable it is. Seriously considering getting out of the truck market for a while after this.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep had that loose ground issue as well. Luckily Johnny P is sharing this info.

The problem for me is there isn't a truck that I would be happy switching to now. I'm not even interested in the raptor. I looked at a 19 Tundra TRD Pro and it was depressing for me - I don't care how reliable it is. Seriously considering getting out of the truck market for a while after this.

I can't blame you, none of the other stuff out there appeals to me as much either. If I were to go none pickup right now I'd probably try to see if I could swing an srt durango or grand Cherokee. I got fortunate that I'm still in a spot with my 4th gen that it makes very much financial sense to stay with my current truck a few more years, cause I have no doubt the next few model years will have these problems cleared up and if they do I'll be in another Ram again.

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI

This is the area that the picture is showing under the fender. Its the cowl plenum upper, You can see the upper fender attach point on the hood hinge, the windshield and A-Pillar in the picture. There is usually some expandable sealer under the that joint shown in the picture. You can see some spots of the sealer expanding out, could be just that there isn't enough in there.

upload_2019-3-1_7-41-31.png

Last edited:

hksvr4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is this a warranty issue?

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
This is the area that the picture is showing under the fender. Its the cowl plenum upper, You can see the upper fender attach point on the hood hinge, the windshield and A-Pillar in the picture. There is usually some expandable sealer under the that joint shown in the picture. You can see some spots of the sealer expanding out, could be just that there isn't enough in there.

View attachment 157188

Great info, thank you. Time to get out the inspection mirror and start poking around.

13ram1500crew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Here is a picture from a random youtube video showing the area with the fender removed on a 2014. The large dark patch is not the seal for water, this is just to keep the fender horn from vibrating on the cab as your driving.

upload_2019-3-1_8-8-14.png