WeatherTech mud flaps are awesome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just installed one of the four WeatherTech mud flaps on my 2014 1500.
They fit awesome. Perfectly molded to the truck and wheel well.
Doing the rest tomorrow.

For 2014 there is a horizontal chip guard, that runs back from the fender
well.
I used a hacksaw to cut it off from the factory unit.
I reinstalled this piece so it looks like a factory install with the new flap and the orig. chip guard. Not sure if it was like this on the previous years.

Dan

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will take some in the daylight tomorrow.
And show the before/after cut piece.

Dan

Here are the pictures. I cut part of the old chip guard for the back, the font ones were not needed.
It took about 6 minutes per flap, and drilled one hole.
I highly recommend these. y truck DOES NOT have fender flares.

Regards,

Dan

Attachments

• mudflaps 002.jpg
    mudflaps 002.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,714
  • mudflaps 003.jpg
    mudflaps 003.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 359
  • mudflaps 001.jpg
    mudflaps 001.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 8,438
  • mudflaps 004.jpg
    mudflaps 004.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 355

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look nice. I'm guessing you don't get much snow where you are. I think the snow I have right now might rip those off. LOL I'm constantly rubbing my running boards in high snow.

OP
OP
dpinvidic

dpinvidic

This guy gets shotgun
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look nice. I'm guessing you don't get much snow where you are. I think the snow I have right now might rip those off. LOL I'm constantly rubbing my running boards in high snow.

Not much snow, being in Calif., we *****'s when it comes to weather.

Dan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
8.5 miles of gravel to the nearest paved road from my house, I kno I'm a redneck, lol. Curious on how well they protect the truck. A pic of splash line would be useful too if you have time.

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just installed one of the four WeatherTech mud flaps on my 2014 1500.
They fit awesome. Perfectly molded to the truck and wheel well.
Doing the rest tomorrow.

For 2014 there is a horizontal chip guard, that runs back from the fender
well.
I used a hacksaw to cut it off from the factory unit.
I reinstalled this piece so it looks like a factory install with the new flap and the orig. chip guard. Not sure if it was like this on the previous years.

Dan

My new 2014 2500 diesel arrived at the dealership today. With my tires being a tad wider, I need a mud flap where the size of it, at the bottom extends out at least 13". Been looking for days for the right size. Are your tires oversized and if so, do these flaps keep the side of your truck clean?

I have all my exterior mods waiting to be put on but finding the right flap has been a PITA. I do have OEM fender flares on this truck. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Tks.

boomer135

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport CC 4x4
Engine
Will these work with the bushwacker pocket flares?

Novy898

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These mudflaps are pretty awesome, even in the MN winter. I installed mine on my 2014 and my Dad's 2013 in November. No issues so far.

Attachments

• Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 448
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 336

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 2013 without flares

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1392258227195.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392258227195.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,550
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392258269381.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392258269381.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 212
  • uploadfromtaptalk1392258333825.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1392258333825.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
interesting news from weathertech

Online this afternoon bout to order my splash guards....
entered the make, year, model..... new page loads, it asked is your vehicle equiped with fender flares? Multiple choice(I hate tests) two posible answers "select" or "yes". My truck has "no" fender flares, but there isnt a choice for "no".

I call weathertech and speak with a very nice lady who listens to my problem. She then tells me they are NOT made for a 2500 with no flares.

She then fills out a request to the design department for my benefit.

Any thoughts??

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thoughts? Get the husky's. I've got a thread on here somewhere, I love mine.

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/husky_mud_guards-36635/

The fit my '13 (without flares) perfectly. They 'ask' you to drill an additional hole, I never did (no real intent either) and I've kicked them quite a few times to free up packed on snow etc w/o any issues.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Thoughts? Get the husky's. I've got a thread on here somewhere, I love mine.

http://www.ramforum.com/f41/husky_mud_guards-36635/

The fit my '13 (without flares) perfectly. They 'ask' you to drill an additional hole, I never did (no real intent either) and I've kicked them quite a few times to free up packed on snow etc w/o any issues.

Thanks for the info white. Gonna look into those when I log off.

I was hoping someone would tell me that the nice lady didnt know what she was talking bout

Slidder

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Online this afternoon bout to order my splash guards....
entered the make, year, model..... new page loads, it asked is your vehicle equiped with fender flares? Multiple choice(I hate tests) two posible answers "select" or "yes". My truck has "no" fender flares, but there isnt a choice for "no".

I call weathertech and speak with a very nice lady who listens to my problem. She then tells me they are NOT made for a 2500 with no flares.

She then fills out a request to the design department for my benefit.

Any thoughts??

I had fender flares on my 2014 1 ton and now have them on my 2014 2500. However, my tires stick out about 1+inches. Most mud flaps start out, width wise at 12". I have tried every where on the internet to get flaps that are 13" but can't find them. Told I could do some cutting on some brands but hate to order some just to find out they won't work. I absolutely hate running with them but it's better than paying to have both sides of the truck painted each spring.

I don't see how the manufactures can get away with saying there are flares on these new trucks. Just an OEM tire still slings crud down the sides. The size of the flares are a huge joke.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The first picture to the left: Is the flap being wind forced back on to the cap on your running board? Looks like a slight indentation there. Then
the pic. next to it ~ are those the two bolts that hold the top portion of the flap? If so, maybe I can't figure it out but what is holding the rest of the flap on?

I have the OEM flares, can't find the right width so maybe I will have to get creative and do something along the lines you did.

The flaps don't contact the running boards. What you see is the natural curve of the flap.

The 2 bolts used to be covered by the wheel spats. The wheel spats have to be taken off to put on the mid flaps. The flaps are held on by 2 screw/bolts that originally held in the wheel spats (in the fender area).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk