what brake pads?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Victor Feldman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Diesel
My truck is a 2013 3500 SWD. I plan to tow a 10 - 14K 5th wheel. Gonna do a brake job but the choices of pads is crazy!!

What have you used, recommend, and why?

Thanks

Vic

Expressonate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you havnt done the job yet, I'll chime in with my experience. I only have a 12 1500 but I tow a race car most of the summer weekends. Bought the Wagner severe duty on the promise of best stopping and high heat tolerance (no brake fade). They didn't provide any better than oem, worse if anything, and they were noisy as sin, nails on chalkboard.

After 10k miles and a summer, I chucked them in favor of power stop evo pads. They are noisier than oe and dusty but they bite hard and that is what I wanted. At 30k I think I might get another 10-20k but I'll probably do them this summer just cause. I'm very happy with them even if they are a bit noisy and sorta short lifespan.

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Why go away from stock? They last forever and work great. I personally see no reason to deviate from that.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Wagner OEX, just had a thread on it. Lots of slots for cooling, maybe if you are really worried pair that with a nice drilled and slotted rotor. I put them on after a recommendation from h395 who towed a heavy trailer up and down the Ike.