What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Love that look too! I can’t stand my headlights on my 06 but not much I can do without changing the whole front and that’s not happening.

I don’t know why they changed it for only three years, they should’ve ran with the original look all the way through. Especially those ugly rounded tail lights in 07 :puke:

i hated the 06+ front end at first, but like all rams, a little modification and it becomes much more tolerable lol

91b0786452b4898f2575973beac6ac72.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Same thing around my way, nothing but kids with expensive a$$ trucks modded to hell and you know they are not off-roading with those no sidewall tires they run!

Those skinny things can barely be called tires lol, Put them in a little puddle of water and I could almost guarantee they'd get stuck. I'd love to have about a 2" lift and level with 33s or 35s, mainly because I gotta put out hay for the cows and that involves mud and rain more often than I'd like. Added bonus that they also look pretty dang good imo

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Those skinny things can barely be called tires lol, Put them in a little puddle of water and I could almost guarantee they'd get stuck. I'd love to have about a 2" lift and level with 33s or 35s, mainly because I gotta put out hay for the cows and that involves mud and rain more often than I'd like. Added bonus that they also look pretty dang good imo

on my old reg cab, i had 3" lift spindles and 35" MTs on a 17" rim, and it was perfect, if you really want to go up, then the lift spindles are the way to go for sure, they dont change your ride or anything, just the height

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
on my old reg cab, i had 3" lift spindles and 35" MTs on a 17" rim, and it was perfect, if you really want to go up, then the lift spindles are the way to go for sure, they dont change your ride or anything, just the height

I will definitely use spindles because I'm tired of front end components wearing out as it is and I don't need anything that would make them deteriorate any faster lol

For the rear if I wanted to go 2" or 3" lift, what would the best way to go about doing that?

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
0C836FBC-C5B8-4446-A4EC-D62FC69AFD11.jpeg
I picked a hell of a day to change plugs that were warn and gaped 0.60 also a cel popped for 1/1 sensor. SMH, Already with the sensors, can’t catch a break! I thought the sensor was going to be the hardest part but to my surprise, it came out with just a 20” breaker, yay for me, but those plugs though! Ugghhh!!! I need one of those creepers that you stand on and can lay over the engine, that would be great instead of my chest n rib cage feeling like I got shot. I’m gonna feel it tomorrow:(

Edit: If anyone is wondering what the black tube is for on the plug, it’s so the plug doesn’t drop in and change the gaping. Been there, done that!
B34BB187-15DF-4884-8019-1101EA8F22E4.jpeg

Last edited:

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
I feel you on those spark plugs. As a larger guy, it's even worse.
View attachment 137716
I picked a hell of a day to change plugs that were warn and gaped 0.60 also a cel popped for 1/1 sensor. SMH, Already with the sensors, can’t catch a break! I thought the sensor was going to be the hardest part but to my surprise, it came out with just a 20” breaker, yay for me, but those plugs though! Ugghhh!!! I need one of those creepers that you stand on and can lay over the engine, that would be great instead of my chest n rib cage feeling like I got shot. I’m gonna feel it tomorrow:(

View attachment 137717

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Been working on the house lately. So very little Work to truck but she’s been putting work and I promised a pic with our trailer 9a46df2a124e056eff072af35f967aea.jpg
It’s 2 loads from a 12’ bucket front loader. I’m fairly certain that’s the size cause it is about 2/3 the size of trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
Took off my front spacers today. Much better ride. **** those things. It's a tad easier to get into, as well. And doesn't look as bad as I thought with an inch and a half of rake as opposed to the half inch it had looking perfectly level.

Been working on the house lately. So very little Work to truck but she’s been putting work and I promised a pic with our trailer 9a46df2a124e056eff072af35f967aea.jpg
It’s 2 loads from a 12’ bucket front loader. I’m fairly certain that’s the size cause it is about 2/3 the size of trailer.

Heck of a load, there. Was the v6 okay?

Side note: I don't think I've ever seen your wheels before. They're nice. :)

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Took off my front spacers today. Much better ride. **** those things. It's a tad easier to get into, as well. And doesn't look as bad as I thought with an inch and a half of rake as opposed to the half inch it had looking perfectly level.

Heck of a load, there. Was the v6 okay?

Side note: I don't think I've ever seen your wheels before. They're nice. :)

The truck does great with everything I’ve thrown but I do regular maintenance to it. Drives me nuts when I don’t do my oil every 3k miles. I did just gear swap and it’s making it better. However that was a rather heavy load and since no sides on trailer had to take it slow the whole time but it didn’t really slack in getting up and going.

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
So I need some advice on where to put my new lights strips for the interior. I got 4 and putting 1 in each kick panel but want one above each seat. What’s yalls suggestions?

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
The truck does great with everything I’ve thrown but I do regular maintenance to it. Drives me nuts when I don’t do my oil every 3k miles. I did just gear swap and it’s making it better. However that was a rather heavy load and since no sides on trailer had to take it slow the whole time but it didn’t really slack in getting up and going.

Good to hear. Cool.

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
So I need some advice on where to put my new lights strips for the interior. I got 4 and putting 1 in each kick panel but want one above each seat. What’s yalls suggestions?

You have a single cab, so... Yeah, one tucked up in each foot well, and the other two on the back wall facing down, maybe? Depends on how long they are. And if you can cut them to fit. (those DO exist, lol)

chrisp2493

Always Modding
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
So I found out the 06 style door panels are a direct fit on the older 3rd gens. What colors were available? Just tan and grey? I have a mostly black interior on mine

I Bleed Ram Trucks

Drunken Hamster

Turncoat Ford Boi
Reaction score
Ram Year
was 2005
Engine
was 5.7 Hemi
So I found out the 06 style door panels are a direct fit on the older 3rd gens. What colors were available? Just tan and grey? I have a mostly black interior on mine

I Bleed Ram Trucks
They should have black available. Wouldn't make sense not to. And I literally saw an 06 with the standard black lower/tan upper interior.

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Last week I installed my pedal commander, and I freaking love it! Today I bought a t1000 with srt10 pillar and pillar mount for tuner from a guy on dr3g, a group on fagbook. Can't wait for that to come in the mail!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk