What did you do to your Gen3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Just been driving it. Code hasn’t come back and haven’t noticed black spots all over the garage floor lately.

Looking at adding a catch can. Anyone have one to recommend ? (cheaper the better), want function but don’t wanna pay $100+ for just the can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Over summer a battery leaked acid all over my floor and destroyed the carpet, so went up to the salvage yard and got some carpet today. It is dirty and needs to be cleaned, but at least it’ll be in there and not look terrible

The real score was the same truck had the fold out storage that mounts under the back seat. Not sure what the technical term is for them, but got the pair for $40. Don’t think I could even build them for that much.

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drove it to the dump today with my 5yo son, who told me it's his favorite truck in the whole world. I plan to keep it running so he can drive it one day.

PhilW55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 5.9
Changed out the fuel sending unit at 185k miles. It was reading lower than the actual level and then suddenly after a few months it just went to empty. Ordered just the sending unit, dropped the tank today and it turns out the float had fallen off. Decided to just cut the wires and solder the new unit in. Too the whole of the afternoon to do that. Still a quarter tank of diesel in it too so had a little weight to wrestle with. All good now it seems.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Last night I pulled the seats out, today I’ll start cleaning them as well as pull the old carpet out and put the “new” carpet in. Seats will hopefully go back in tomorrow.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Last night I pulled the seats out, today I’ll start cleaning them as well as pull the old carpet out and put the “new” carpet in. Seats will hopefully go back in tomorrow.

You get to really see just how much crap falls between those seats over the years lol

I put in NEW carpet that was labeled as "direct fit" for my truck and let me tell you it was frustrating having to line up and cut out holes for bolts, shape it in there, push all the wrinkles out, then trim down the edges. "Direct fit" was definitely an exaggeration. I probably shaved off 10 pounds of carpet. The new carpet is pretty nice, but 10000% easier to swap in good condition OEM carpet. The added thought of "its brand new carpet" doesn't justify the hours I spent cutting holes and shaping out that stuff lol

Anyways, yesterday I installed some fog lights in what used to be the empty fog light holes. My truck never had fog lights and only had those plastic inserts that I couldn't reuse when I put the sport bumper cover on, so I just left them empty. I have the fog light jumper harness coming in sometime this week or next week to wire em up. I got some LED fogs with a black housing. They're sold under a few different brands on Amazon and reviews are pretty good on them. Install was easy and fit perfectly.

With the HIDs, I really didn't NEED any fog lights lol but they'll be nice to have when I'm out in the fields at night or when one of my HID bulbs kick the bucket

Last edited:

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
You get to really see just how much crap falls between those seats over the years lol

I put in NEW carpet that was labeled as "direct fit" for my truck and let me tell you it was frustrating having to line up and cut out holes for bolts, shape it in there, push all the wrinkles out, then trim down the edges. It got frustrating after awhile, even more so when I cut too much off on one part and now have a little gap between the trim panel an carpet lol

The new carpet is pretty nice, but 10000% easier to swap in good condition OEM carpet. The added thought of "its brand new carpet" doesn't justify the hours I spent cutting holes and shaping out that stuff lol

Yep, that’s exactly why I opted for junk yard carpet. I read that it is a pain to get it perfect. I made sure I pulled carpet from the same year truck just in case there are slight differences between the years. The carpet I’m putting in only has a small bare spot which will be covered by the floor mats I have. Didn’t notice the bare spot when I pulled out the carpet, but it is what it is! It is a little darker carpet which I like also.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Got the truck all reassembled the other day. Looks so much better. Also detailed the truck while the seats were out.

Now time to detail the outside. Have some chemicals coming, trying to make the truck look as good as possible without polishing the paint as I’m too lazy for all that.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Finally got the fog light jumper harness in today and wired it all up. Found out the hard way that ST base models actually do not have the wiring or anything from the TIPM, specifically the connector for the fog light jumper. I ended up doing that part myself and everything went pretty smoothly

First impressions- these things are INSANELY BRIGHT! They dwarf even my HIDs. For 60 bucks these fog lights are worth every penny
551b0b1821ab86b21f805503a89d649b.jpg

One thing I noticed is 1. Fog lights were enabled already without programming them and 2. Fog light dropout with high beams was disabled already as well. I’m not sure if fog light drop out is just a 4th gen thing or if my truck is just weird lol

Last edited:

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yep, that’s exactly why I opted for junk yard carpet. I read that it is a pain to get it perfect. I made sure I pulled carpet from the same year truck just in case there are slight differences between the years. The carpet I’m putting in only has a small bare spot which will be covered by the floor mats I have. Didn’t notice the bare spot when I pulled out the carpet, but it is what it is! It is a little darker carpet which I like also.

And that was exactly why I insisted on an OEM carpet lol. Dropped right in and settled out completely after leaving it in place for a while with the windows up on a sunny day.

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
Finally got the fog light jumper harness in today and wired it all up. Found out the hard way that ST base models actually do not have the wiring or anything from the TIPM, specifically the connector for the fog light jumper. I ended up doing that part myself and everything went pretty smoothly

First impressions- these things are INSANELY BRIGHT! They dwarf even my HIDs. For 60 bucks these fog lights are worth every penny
551b0b1821ab86b21f805503a89d649b.jpg

One thing I noticed is 1. Fog lights were enabled already without programming them and 2. Fog light dropout with high beams was disabled already as well. I’m not sure if fog light drop out is just a 4th gen thing or if my truck is just weird lol

What fogs are those?
A rock chipped my original light and I need to replace it at some point

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I've been having some fun lately with the Dupli-Color Vinyl Wrap spray and doing wheels and trim. This is a spare set that I completed today for my 2004 Ram 1500 QC.

These wheels are from a 2007 Ram 1500 and they have the chrome cladding. I originally planned on removing the chrome cladding but after seeing how bad the aluminum was underneath I decided to go with the vinyl spray. They actually turned out really nice.

Here is a link to my Google Photos for the wheels in a somewhat step-by-step fashion...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cEBV3JXVGWiZZvDb8IMG_20201004_024842.jpg IMG_20201004_173619.jpg IMG_20201004_122359.jpg IMG_20201004_164600.jpg IMG_20201004_173612.jpg

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
So I got tired of looking into the halfway rusted 12v sockets on the dash bezel, and since i never use them anyways I thought I’d dress em up a bit with some 4th gen spice
25cc801a854fcdcd3356468a5df544b1.jpg

Let me tell you that those in no way a plug n play swap lol they can’t even be installed all the way due to the flip up lid and i had a good time sliding the 12v sockets onto those plastic pieces. Since I couldn’t fully reinstall them i just epoxy’d them where I liked them and left it at that. Overall wasn’t the easiest or useful swap but imo it makes the dash look a little cleaner. At least I don’t have to see those half rusty 12v sockets anymore
93a73f46f17e9f787cd7036c7837f176.jpg

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I've been having some fun lately with the Dupli-Color Vinyl Wrap spray and doing wheels and trim. This is a spare set that I completed today for my 2004 Ram 1500 QC.

These wheels are from a 2007 Ram 1500 and they have the chrome cladding. I originally planned on removing the chrome cladding but after seeing how bad the aluminum was underneath I decided to go with the vinyl spray. They actually turned out really nice.

Here is a link to my Google Photos for the wheels in a somewhat step-by-step fashion...

Came out super nice. Was all done with hand sanding, or orbital or something. Also is that all from spray cans?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey, thanks man. There is no sanding required. All you have to do is clean the surface with a grease and wax remover before you shoot it. And yes, this is all from an aerosol spray can. It's the Dupli-Color Vinyl Wrap spray which is available at most local parts stores and Walmart.

I was really impressed with how well everything turned out. The finish looks great and the best part is that if I want to change colors or something happens to the finish I can peel it off. It's just like Plasti-Dip but better in my opinion.

aheeejd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Hey, thanks man. There is no sanding required. All you have to do is clean the surface with a grease and wax remover before you shoot it. And yes, this is all from an aerosol spray can. It's the Dupli-Color Vinyl Wrap spray which is available at most local parts stores and Walmart.

I was really impressed with how well everything turned out. The finish looks great and the best part is that if I want to change colors or something happens to the finish I can peel it off. It's just like Plasti-Dip but better in my opinion.
Wow, no kidding. I will have to check this out. I've been wanting to do something with my wheels for a long time. Thanks again

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Slightly Tetched

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 CTD
I replaced the transfer case shifter linkage bushings, as the old ones had rotted out and disappeared due to age. Thankfully the rod didn't get lost and was just laying there on a crossmember, so I only needed to spring for a pair of the hard rubber bushings and not the whole assembly. Thankfully it was an easy and quick job. It took more time to slide myself under the truck than it did to do the actual fix.

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
I decided I like the look of silver knobs n switches like the SRT trucks over the plain black pieces that come in our trucks. When I installed the power windows I painted the window and lock switches in a silver color, but I didn’t do anything with the door lock plungers. I decided I’d go look for some thats already colored silver before I painted the black ones

I looked on the internet for anyone selling the SRT-10 silver plungers, but the only seller wanted 50 bucks for them in used condition. Absolutely insane.

Then I found out that Jeep Liberty’s, durangoes, chrysler aspens, and a few other cars share the same style and fully loaded trims come with the silver accents. I ended up at a salvage yard and found some silver ones out of a Liberty and some chrome ones out of a cruiser. Decided I like the silver ones more and were in better shape anyways
2e15ddab5f6743b63e64bc92d4f62cec.jpg

Figured out later that the Libby’s plungers are slightly shorter and thinner. Because of that they sit in the hole kinda loose (can be fixed with a grommet or something I’m sure) and might sit a tad lower than the stock ones, but not noticeable. Strangely the PT cruiser’s plungers are the exact same size as the trucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357