What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildfyre116

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn 4x4 V8
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good work is not cheap.
Cheap work is not good.

Did you choose lowering springs with a higher spring rate than stock to make up for the reduced travel?

If so, that's why if feels stiffer.

If not, your shocks can't dampen properly because they are not correct fot this length spring. They have lost the same amount of travel that the spring has been shortened. This causes bottoming out to occur where normally you wouldn't.

I learned many years ago that I am NOT smarter than the Engineers that designed the vehicle. Most times when we change things on a budget we end up hurting the performance of the vehicle. That ranges from annoying to possibly catastrophic. You've already discovered that with the headlights. You have a really nice looking wife...I mean truck. Spend a few dollars on her and she'll treat you right. My .02 Ed.

I think there's plenty of cheap work that's good. Not everything has to be expensive, but I know what you're getting at.

The springs i got were these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mmc-44055/overview/make/dodge/model/ram-1500 . Picked them up used, at 1/4th the price of new. For something so cheap and easy, I didn't need them to be perfect, as I can just put the OEM springs back in whenever I decide to. Nothing I do to the truck is permanent.

There's plenty of things on a vehicle that aren't perfect, in my opinion. They are built to satisfy all sorts of jobs/consumers/etc. , after all. I don't tow, for example, and I like more NVH than most people, so I'll change little things here and there to work better for me. I like experimenting and learning first hand about the mods; if there's one that doesn't work out at least I can say i tried! I've had to tinker on every single vehicle I own. I hate, hate, hate a totally stock vehicle if I'm driving it.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Oh, I'm right there with ya brother. All that stuff I wrote, I learned the hard way. I have always had outrageously altered vehicles. I usually made them worse handling but better running. :) Found out 40 yrs ago an 850 Holley carb on a 327 small block Chevy does NOT make it run better. I'm also about to pull my LEDs out and put H9 bulbs in replacing the H11's. Started getting some neg feedback from people I'm following. "LEDs in reflector housings ur baad, Um kay". Tried to go cheap(er) but she's a no go. Gotta buy projector housings to do it right. Saving up now. That was my point. It was more directed at the young guys out there.
My old man told me once "If you don't have time or money to do it Right, when are you gonna have the time or money to do it twice?" Wish I listened sooner. Good luck my friend. It is a very cool truck. I really like that gray color.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I think there's plenty of cheap work that's good. Not everything has to be expensive, but I know what you're getting at.

The springs i got were these: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/mmc-44055/overview/make/dodge/model/ram-1500 . Picked them up used, at 1/4th the price of new. For something so cheap and easy, I didn't need them to be perfect, as I can just put the OEM springs back in whenever I decide to. Nothing I do to the truck is permanent.

There's plenty of things on a vehicle that aren't perfect, in my opinion. They are built to satisfy all sorts of jobs/consumers/etc. , after all. I don't tow, for example, and I like more NVH than most people, so I'll change little things here and there to work better for me. I like experimenting and learning first hand about the mods; if there's one that doesn't work out at least I can say i tried! I've had to tinker on every single vehicle I own. I hate, hate, hate a totally stock vehicle if I'm driving it.
Your springs look like progressive wound but it's not stated anywhere in the ad or the Q&A. Your shocks might be letting you get into the stiffer part of the spring over seemingly small bumps because they're not dampening the movement. Put shocks in designed for a 2" drop and let them do their job. That should help. Ed.

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
6DBDE432-A397-4452-8D83-D06C670D8AE2.jpeg CAFC11CC-C51A-443D-83B0-A7624426B6F5.jpeg 3A7B2B6C-61CD-4347-8EA1-FA6D83F5AD52.jpeg 6F52795E-00B8-4443-AA84-A3695832EBBA.jpeg Started my sound deadening project. Got the front doors done and wired up for my PPI 3 way components and and almost finished with the back wall and under the rear seats. Took a spin down the read without the rear seats in and there is A LOT of noise that comes in there here. Going to spend some extra time in this area and try to kill as much as possible.

74A76480-26D8-4577-BA03-8D8EBDEDF0E7.jpeg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^ Are you going to have them powder coated?
Jay

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
View attachment 127594 View attachment 127595 View attachment 127596 View attachment 127597 Started my sound deadening project. Got the front doors done and wired up for my PPI 3 way components and and almost finished with the back wall and under the rear seats. Took a spin down the read without the rear seats in and there is A LOT of noise that comes in there here. Going to spend some extra time in this area and try to kill as much as possible.

View attachment 127598
Having done the inside of mine, including roof, albeit with Dynamat, Dynaliner and Dynapad, I have to say you get bonus points here. This is an extremely clean application. You definitely know what you are doing.

BrianandChrissy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 big horn crew cab
Engine
5.7 hemi, vararam CAI
AirLift Bags came in the mail from Amazon today. Found a "used" set in market place but they were like new, the bag with the fittings had not even been opened.

5alzEEbFYeTRTmQP8AP3H2GzUL4u43B80r73RVDw0q_Y=w2400.jpg

AtGYI7QXIgKl4hAl-oCtUVz9lp_yrX7bhPCZE_cZjWbY=w2400.jpg

Bags set to 10psi

fhQoNO_4ptST7NS8kj1OObSVl8-kYuk2P-64AuHLwXSo=w2400.jpg
Best bang for the buck. You'll enjoy their performance.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk