What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Well I need to slow down lol. We are the few that have kept ours this long and still love it. Question tho how have you upgraded any of your suspension? All I have done is replace the shocks which need replacement again I figure. I enjoy it driving like a truck, but I’d like it to be a tad tighter. I deal with a lot of traffic and fast windy roads. I’ve decided my led lights in a stock housing sucks. Gonna be looking for some black projectors.
I've had to replace the outer passenger side tie rod end. Still factory shocks, it rides extremely well for a RCSB and doesn't have a rattle or squeak in it. I know the projector lights are better but I like my factory look lights better, projectors makes it look like my headlights have pupils! LOL

WildcatHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just mostly finished the cabin filter install. the door doesn’t snap on so i’ll have to adjust the tabs a bit. i bought the $13 kit off ebay that came with cover and filter. that might explain the bad fit

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What's the idea & thought behind turning the throttle control down?

I'm gonna take a guess that its to prevent wheel spin.

Serious question though :waytogo:
It hasn't rained in a while so roads were slick. It already likes to spin anyways on dry pavement. I turned it down so that it wouldn't spin. Didn't effect MPG at all.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Had a Magnaflow muffler on my truck, thought I wanted it quieter so I put a factory muffler back on. Realized I'm not as old as I thought I was so I bought a Total Flow muffler and put back on my truck, didn't like the wide open sound it made so I bought a Carven Progressive muffler and put on my truck because it was not as loud as the Carven Competitive but realized it was loud enough for a cop to hear me coming when I got on it from a distance so I bought a new Magnaflow and put it back on! When will I learn to leave well enough alone! Now I know! LOL

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Had a Magnaflow muffler on my truck, thought I wanted it quieter so I put a factory muffler back on. Realized I'm not as old as I thought I was so I bought a Total Flow muffler and put back on my truck, didn't like the wide open sound it made so I bought a Carven Progressive muffler and put on my truck because it was not as loud as the Carven Competitive but realized it was loud enough for a cop to hear me coming when I got on it from a distance so I bought a new Magnaflow and put it back on! When will I learn to leave well enough alone! Now I know! LOL
I did a muffler delete. Its loud, but I like it lol. I miss the old flow master 2 chamber mufflers.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After too many $$$'s I'm leaving mine alone. I've tried a few, should have left well enough alone! I'm good for that, that's why I know things........ Expensive Experience!
Yes it is.

Elvira

Reaction score
lol, now what we would do if we did not spend money to satisfy our curiosity and the need to try. I have done the exact same thing on more than one occasion. In the end, it was still worth the aggravation and the odd meal i had to miss to pay for it all.

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
lol, now what we would do if we did not spend money to satisfy our curiosity and the need to try. I have done the exact same thing on more than one occasion. In the end, it was still worth the aggravation and the odd meal i had to miss to pay for it all.

And this is what we call ..... "American Hot-rodding" :waytogo::cool:

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Wife and I had time off together (doesn't happen often at all), so we took a road trip. First stop, Greer South Carolina for a 3 day Thanksgiving visit with Family. Then off to Myrtle Beach for 4 days of some peaceful relaxation (and some amazing food too). Then off to North Carolina and the Outer Banks with an overnight in Kitty Hawk. Took in some awesome sights around the OBX, and more good eats too. Then finished out the road trip through Maryland, Delaware, then back to good old PA. On a good note, since installing the K&N air filter, swapping out the plugs for NGK's, and getting the cat back with the flowmaster super 40. I averaged 19.6 MPG. So that makes me very happy. I even got a chance to run the Laramie in some sand too. Not deep into the trails or dune area. I didn't want to push it cause I only had a compressor, and no board for the jack. But it did well with some road run duelers on the truck.

Loving this Laramie more and more each day... :)

Attachments

• RF1.jpg
    RF1.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 11

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
Wife and I had time off together (doesn't happen often at all), so we took a road trip. First stop, Greer South Carolina for a 3 day Thanksgiving visit with Family. Then off to Myrtle Beach for 4 days of some peaceful relaxation (and some amazing food too). Then off to North Carolina and the Outer Banks with an overnight in Kitty Hawk. Took in some awesome sights around the OBX, and more good eats too. Then finished out the road trip through Maryland, Delaware, then back to good old PA. On a good note, since installing the K&N air filter, swapping out the plugs for NGK's, and getting the cat back with the flowmaster super 40. I averaged 19.6 MPG. So that makes me very happy. I even got a chance to run the Laramie in some sand too. Not deep into the trails or dune area. I didn't want to push it cause I only had a compressor, and no board for the jack. But it did well with some road run duelers on the truck.

Great way to see the country :waytogo:

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score

Good looking truck!