What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robval1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Longhorn Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Air Bag Suspension

I read an article which was something that I noticed on my Ram. In 4 wheel drive with the suspension raised to offroad 2, I noticed as you began to drive the truck would automatically begin to lower itself and gave a prompt in the display (lower speed to maintain height ). Looked around and found some would put it into offroad 2 and pull the fuse (#50, marked air suspension). I went one step further and installed a rocker switch with an in line fuse to that spot in the fuse box, now I can set my suspension height wherever I want and flip the switch off and the suspension stays at that height. I even lowered it down to exit height and turned off the switch and it stayed low (rode a little rough over bumpy roads, lol)but looked pretty sharp dropped down. I got this idea from the guys up north that drive in snow and like the height up in offroad 2, but have to pull the fuse to keep the height with speed. I like my idea because I don't have to get out and pull a fuse, I just sit in the warmth of my truck and just flip a switch.

SMVRam2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
flat out brilliant right there :driver:

I read an article which was something that I noticed on my Ram. In 4 wheel drive with the suspension raised to offroad 2, I noticed as you began to drive the truck would automatically begin to lower itself and gave a prompt in the display (lower speed to maintain height ). Looked around and found some would put it into offroad 2 and pull the fuse (#50, marked air suspension). I went one step further and installed a rocker switch with an in line fuse to that spot in the fuse box, now I can set my suspension height wherever I want and flip the switch off and the suspension stays at that height. I even lowered it down to exit height and turned off the switch and it stayed low (rode a little rough over bumpy roads, lol)but looked pretty sharp dropped down. I got this idea from the guys up north that drive in snow and like the height up in offroad 2, but have to pull the fuse to keep the height with speed. I like my idea because I don't have to get out and pull a fuse, I just sit in the warmth of my truck and just flip a switch.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I did the same thing with my Jeep back in the day with the clutch bypass fuse (you would pull/put in a fuse to bypass the requirement to press the clutch pedal to start the vehicle), which was very helpful starting the Jeep in low range when on a steep hill.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
put on a longer stubby antenna, put in a lighted receiver cover on the hitch, and ordered detailing stuff to clean up the truck

57romeo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
washed it and installed LED headlight bulbs from HR.

Skubasteve!

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New shoes for truck, Falken Wildpeak at3w in stock size. Now have a much better riding and handling truck.

The grip is amazing compared to stock, litte extra road noise, but well worth it. My mileage went down more than expected, let us know how yours is affected. Cant wait to try them in the snow.

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got my roof racks on. No more ding repairs from my boards getting trashed in the back.

Attachments

• IMG_20171102_171641.jpg
    IMG_20171102_171641.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20171102_171629.jpg
    IMG_20171102_171629.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 82

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
changed the pcv filter for the first time. literally. 100k miles. thing actually looked and sounded in good shape.

took a peek inside the throttle body, good god. was going to clean it, and realized i dont have any cleaner. weekend job #1.

picked up the tranny filters. will also get maybe 8 quarts of fluid tomorrow for weekend job #2. Along with some diff fluid (once i find out how much) to round everything off with the final weekend job #3.

**** the coolant, its starting to get cooler in Texas (think it was only like 85 degrees today). so that can wait for a little bit lol.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
Put in LED reverse lights, ordered mud guards, lots of detailing supplies for when I have time to clean it up, and bought weathertec mats.

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Picked it up from my local dealer. I had been dealing with pushback from a certain dealer on the seat lower/upper and adjuster bracket noise and the column shifter boot tear because it wouldn't stay put. They went ahead and good willed it all for me.

Drove home the way I always drive and had nothing but a smile that the seat wasn't shifting on the rails and clunking while the frame structure was going "POP!" through every turn or over every bump. :D Finally after 35,000 miles and almost 4 years the stupid factory poor assembly or defective parts issue is resolved.

billdozer79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Put on my 285 55 20 Nitto Grapplers to get ready for the winter snow. And installed my muffler delete. Still undecided if I'm going to keep it or get something different.