What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Added the DeeZee tailgate asssit. Added Lund bug guard and window vent visors. Added rear WeathTec mud guards. Bought Timber Grove air springs and waiting for those to arrive.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hooked up a Sirius tuner for my new Alpine head unit. Also replaced my tailgate handle with an aftermarket one that includes the camera in the OEM location (already had OEM camera but couldn't tap it to new Alpine)...routed harness to new Alpine and now have my backup cam working again.

While I had things pulled apart I got rid of the silver center trim and painted it black. Looks soooo much better to me. The silver had a lot of scratches so it was either wrap it or paint it. Before shot with some Afters....trying to get more of a black and tan look going.
96e2a3e296699e8d77e32e8cd8e13f81.jpg
f1cc9679961f32f133b7ef0f925b35fc.jpg
a0adbf449033605802f3937d2411dd8d.jpg
2c23344bf74f8a5f63f097a87831f2b0.jpg

Looks good. Cant wait to install my new 8" alpine. Its nice being able to hook up an amp using just rca jacks and not all of those adaptors with speaker level inputs. How are you liking the alpine radio? Any problems with the sirius cutting out intermidadly?
I want to get it in my ram on my alpine, but other cars i drove in, it kept losing signal.

Last edited:

fastgti

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7. hemi
Anyone around FT Riley area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Looks good. Cant wait to install my new 8" alpine. Its nice being able to hook up an amp usin just rca jacks and not all of those adaptors with speaker level inputs. How are you liking the alpine radio? Any problems with the sirius cutting out intermidadly?
I want to get it in my ram on my alpine, but other cars i drove in, it kept losing signal.
Thanks. No problems so far. I had the RHR and factory tuner in there previously so I re-used the OEM sat antenna with a simple adapter.

Love the Alpine unit....took some time to get it tuned, out of the box the sound was extremely bright/harsh. I have the factory 8" sub for now but may add a 10" behind the driver's side eventually.

It doesn't have all the features yours does but it's nice with the vehicle integration. It has several customizable guages to display via OBD connection. Great upgrade and much better sound vs. stock head unit. I haven't replaced any speakers yet.

ddetta88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New seat covers, only bought the front cause they were a canceled order from marathon seat covers so I got a killer deal i need to order the rears now..

Wouldn't be my first color choice but for the price I couldn't say no ed20bbbbae4473c659d6bc06a02e4211.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks. No problems so far. I had the RHR and factory tuner in there previously so I re-used the OEM sat antenna with a simple adapter.

Love the Alpine unit....took some time to get it tuned, out of the box the sound was extremely bright/harsh. I have the factory 8" sub for now but may add a 10" behind the driver's side eventually.

It doesn't have all the features yours does but it's nice with the vehicle integration. It has several customizable guages to display via OBD connection. Great upgrade and much better sound vs. stock head unit. I haven't replaced any speakers yet.

Reason I asked about sirius cutting out, was I drove in my moms acura MDX and it constantly kept cutting out, and it was a clear sunny day. Her sirius was all factory too.
I only bought the cheap PAC wiring adaptor for my truck, so i dont get the obd gauges. I was told i had to buy the maestro adaptor for it. Not only was it expensive, but i really dont see a benefit to having gauges displayable on my radio when they are on my dash.
I do like the added feature of my alpine being able to control and turn on/off 10 different kinds of electrical switches such as light bars, and bed lights just by touching an icon on the screen.

Which alpine model do you have?

Last edited:

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New seat covers, only bought the front cause they were a canceled order from marathon seat covers so I got a killer deal i need to order the rears now..

Wouldn't be my first color choice but for the price I couldn't say no ed20bbbbae4473c659d6bc06a02e4211.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Love the kryptik pattern! I thought about getting them in my ram.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Reason I asked about sirius cutting out, was I drove in my moms acura MDX and it constantly kept cutting out, and it was a clear sunny day. Her sirius was all factory too.
I only bought the cheap PAC wiring adaptor for my truck, so i dont get the obd gauges. I was told i had to buy the maestro adaptor for it. Not only was it expensive, but i really dont see a benefit to having gauges displayable on my radio when they are on my dash.
I do like the added feature of my alpine being able to control and turn on/off 10 different kinds of electrical switches such as light bars, and bed lights just by touching an icon on the screen.
I went meastro since I had the steering wheel controls....works great! I guess gone are the days of a simple single harness for radio replacement! When I got everything unboxed my entire kitchen table was spread out with harnesses and adapters. I enjoy doing it though.

Yeah the guages are a little redundant but they can be customized to display data not on the dash/evic...like timing, air intake temp and others.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went meastro since I had the steering wheel controls....works great! I guess gone are the days of a simple single harness for radio replacement! When I got everything unboxed my entire kitchen table was spread out with harnesses and adapters. I enjoy doing it though.

Yeah the guages are a little redundant but they can be customized to display data not on the dash/evic...like timing, air intake temp and others.

I dont have steering wheel controls, another teason i went with pac. Hell i even bought my pac used off ebay for $25! Haha!
Yeah the easy days are gone. Not gonna lie, I had to call Pac and have the tech giy help me. Pacs directions are horrible. Even he had trouble telling me how to hook it up to my alpine with the reverse bypass thing i bought. Haha

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tack welds failed at my midpipe to catback and it separated again. Gotta run to my buddies to have him weld it back together after his mom leaves. :banghead:

I'll have to get a video so you guys can hear how gnarly it is lol.

Dirtyblackhoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Illicit no cut brackets, tonneau cover, and gunmetal srt10 22s hopefully going on tomorrow.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thunderbucket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Gave it a bath.... very impressed with the 845!

Pulled the boat 2hrs, didn't even know it was there... love the 3.92, 8speed combo and 4 corner air

Cleaned up the seats and console with CG leather cleaner and conditioner

Changed the cab filter

If you can't dodge it... RAM it!

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Traded in my Express for a Harvest

I had no idea they had a harvest edition. I felt stupid searching on google but surprised there is actually a harvest edition! lol

Mods: EGR matte black bug deflector, Westin HDX drop steps, rough county bull bar with 20” LED, custom made NW seat covers in real tree camo, husky liner mats, husky liner mud guards, undercover LUX tonneau cover, Tailgate assist, flowmaster super 40 with resonators, tinted 15% front, LED C shaped tail lights. Line-X 5.7’ box