What did you do with your 4th Gen this week?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMBUNCTIOUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL V6
New Dodge Ram 1500

Fellow Dodge Family,

Just purchased a new 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 - never going back to a car again!

Recently traded up from a 2011 Nissan Altima (what I could afford at the time, to get me from point A to B) and now this new toy proves promise, power, and performance. My questions are:

1. Top 10 Modifications you made when you purchased your truck?
2. Name of my truck? Thoughts? Open to suggestions
3. Any other tips for performance mods and exhaust?

Thanks! Feel free to comment and let me know

O.R.T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Got a bucket half filled with water and did a wet-wipe-down with detail towels because if I use a hose like normal it'll be a $500 fine.

Used biodegradable soap and used the water left in the bucket to water plants that have proven to be ok w/ it.

20140715_ca_none.png

20140715_conus_trd.png

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Gathering supplies, have a ton of maintenance to do on this thing. I don't always take previous owners at face value when it comes to maintenance, rather just go down the list and put my own numbers and dates on things.

But tomorrow morning, getting tinted. Hate the fishbowl feeling.

And hopefully next week I'll be installing an Airgrabber and perhaps a Mufflex DOD14M ... :)

Attachments

• 2014-07-17-17.13.11.jpg
    2014-07-17-17.13.11.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 88

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Fellow Dodge Family,

Just purchased a new 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 - never going back to a car again!

Recently traded up from a 2011 Nissan Altima (what I could afford at the time, to get me from point A to B) and now this new toy proves promise, power, and performance. My questions are:

1. Top 10 Modifications you made when you purchased your truck?
2. Name of my truck? Thoughts? Open to suggestions
3. Any other tips for performance mods and exhaust?

Thanks! Feel free to comment and let me know
1. Nerf Bars, Back-up Camera, Kicker VSS Subwoofer, Husky Tool Box, Back Seat Flip Down, Shorten Front Door Lock Pulls, Footwell Lighting, Upper Glove Box, Replacing the factory black mustache with body color fascia above front bumper, Remote Start
2. It's named "Big Horn" isn't it? Mine is named "Tradesman".
3. I wish you luck finding performance parts for the 3.6L Pentastar if you do please post them here so I can copy/steal the ideas.

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gathering supplies, have a ton of maintenance to do on this thing. I don't always take previous owners at face value when it comes to maintenance, rather just go down the list and put my own numbers and dates on things.

But tomorrow morning, getting tinted. Hate the fishbowl feeling.

And hopefully next week I'll be installing an Airgrabber and perhaps a Mufflex DOD14M ... :)

I did the same thing when I bought my truck in dec. I can every fluid in the truck just so I know when it was done. Also did the plugs from the look of them the guy before me didn't follow the 30k plug change. I put on the magnaflow 14" also

RAMBUNCTIOUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL V6
Thanks for the information! As the year goes on and early next year my buddy who works at Dodge stated there will be performance parts - there are official Mopar parts for the Pentastar already but way overpriced - your right Big Horn is the package edition but I was thinking more of a name for it haha.

The nerf bars are going on in about 2 weeks - already have the remote start, and actually will be installing my polk audio 12inch sub over the weekend.

Will definitely keep you posted!

RAMBUNCTIOUS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL V6
Gave her a much needed bath and threw some steps on View attachment 32799
Sick truck wish I could of afforded the HEMI! But im sure in 5 years it will be called the SUPER XL HEMI something big and bold when I go to upgrade.

Any other mods besides the side step bars? I am planning to do a few performance upgrades and replace the stock shocks with Rancho RS9000XL. Thoughts?

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just got her tinted this morning. Way better tint laws here in Florida than back home in VA. No more fish bowl. Just look at my signature pic.

Attachments

• tinted.jpg
    tinted.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 54

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Painted my roof black. It was my first time ever using plasti dip so it looks like ass, but that's the beauty of plasti dip it. It doesn't have to stay looking like ass. I do love the black roof though so I'll end up getting it painted by a pro.
uploadfromtaptalk1405734819589.jpg

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Sick truck wish I could of afforded the HEMI! But im sure in 5 years it will be called the SUPER XL HEMI something big and bold when I go to upgrade.

Any other mods besides the side step bars? I am planning to do a few performance upgrades and replace the stock shocks with Rancho RS9000XL. Thoughts?

Wow in the Tradesman line it only cost $310 more for the Hemi but that is because they offer it with the 6 speed transmission. In the Big Horn is it only offered with the 8 speed Tip-Start? That would make the difference about $1600, quite a bit steeper.

I am putting 2" lowering springs on the rear end as soon as they get delivered. Bought them from a member here in the for sale section just waiting on them to show up and they are going on the first chance I get after that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DisturbedGator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
put on a 14" maggy, tint, stubby, and the obligatory gator sticker. spent four hours online outlining my mod path.