What did you do with your (new) stock tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Make the driveway marks last deeper into the driveway by installing some tungsten carbide tipped studs on those stock OEM Goodyear Duratrac tires.
I got Bridgestone Dueller H/L's

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Next time get some studdable tires and do the job right. We can run them legally all year here. I still have my tire marks burned into a concrete driveway from 1973. They last a lifetime.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I traded the OEM factory tires for Michelins at Discount Tire,
they gave me a fair deal

OP
OP
D

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 PW
Engine
Hemi 6.4
No tire shop around here wanted to trade them in. But I got $800 for the set, so even though they're like $1200 new, that's not too bad.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
Stop it.
Just, Stop It.

Quit making sense.
No one wants to listen to Reason.

Folks far prefer Histronics and that which Boogles the mind.

BTW, 2021 with NO MODS in your signature?
NO MODS AT ALL?

WTH?

PS
The above is Sarcasm . For those who are Humor challenged,
find a normal person to explain it to you.

Have a Good Day, Sheldon.

Ps Ps

I really miss that show.
no mods till my extended warranty expires

Rayzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All,
as I am going to use my PW primarily as a daily driver and not really off-road (I know, I know...) I don't think the stock Duratracs are the right choice. When I test drove one, I already noticed the clearly audible hum, which probably won't get better at highway speeds. I guess there is no dispute that mud tires with their block profile will always be louder than highway tires.

Anyway, I intend to have them swapped right at the dealer like probably quite a few of you also did (going to 35's or 37's).

So what did you do with your new stock tires? The dealer said they won't buy back tires, so I'd be stuck with a set that's not exactly new because it has already been mounted and the stickers removed. And I'm not so sure I could sell them around here for a decent price (say, 70-80% of their value).

Thanks!
Discount Tire(America Tire depending on area) may buy them if they are in good shape but im not sure if they do that only if you are buying some new tires from them.