What did you do with your (new) stock tires?

DrTron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
All,
as I am going to use my PW primarily as a daily driver and not really off-road (I know, I know...) I don't think the stock Duratracs are the right choice. When I test drove one, I already noticed the clearly audible hum, which probably won't get better at highway speeds. I guess there is no dispute that mud tires with their block profile will always be louder than highway tires.

Anyway, I intend to have them swapped right at the dealer like probably quite a few of you also did (going to 35's or 37's).

So what did you do with your new stock tires? The dealer said they won't buy back tires, so I'd be stuck with a set that's not exactly new because it has already been mounted and the stickers removed. And I'm not so sure I could sell them around here for a decent price (say, 70-80% of their value).

Thanks!

Grand Mesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 PW
Replaced @ 34K when they were below the 6/32" minimum tread depth winter traction requirement. All my truck tires with the 3PMSF rating hum.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A new set of Duratracs of that size will cost around $1,400 from Amazon, and likely a good bit more from a local tire shop. With the shortage of tires and crazy prices right now I would list them on something like Facebook marketplace. Probably list them for at least $1,000 and go from there. If nobody bites you can always lower the price.

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if a just using as a daily driver keep the stock tires. I run two sets I run stock tires and wheels for DD and for long road trips and 35 toyos for offroading and roadtrips that have an offroad destination like Moab etc.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put on FALKENS, advertised on FB locally and sold em.