What DON'T you like about your RAM?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I don't like that I have to go back to the dealership today. Apparently, the sealer that joins the seam right below the corners of my back windows cracked.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Bad:
I also have to take it off to change any headlight bulb. That sucked.

That you have to take the headlight housing out to replace a headlight bulb. It was easier to replace the sealed beam bulbs in the '78 LeSabre I learned how to drive on. Take off the trim, take off the bracket, pull out and unplug the bulb, and install new bulb. Eight screws, and don't mess with the aiming screws. My '01 1500 is a breeze. Just twist off the locking collar, pull the bulb out, install new bulb, and put back in. What are they teaching these engineers in school? Must've been the same moron that designed the oil filter location on the 5.7.

It could be worse. I watched a YT video of a guy doing the H11 to H9 conversion on his Honda, and he had to take his bumper off, or at least the cover.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That you have to take the headlight housing out to replace a headlight bulb. It was easier to replace the sealed beam bulbs in the '78 LeSabre I learned how to drive on. Take off the trim, take off the bracket, pull out and unplug the bulb, and install new bulb. Eight screws, and don't mess with the aiming screws. My '01 1500 is a breeze. Just twist off the locking collar, pull the bulb out, install new bulb, and put back in. What are they teaching these engineers in school? Must've been the same moron that designed the oil filter location on the 5.7.

It could be worse. I watched a YT video of a guy doing the H11 to H9 conversion on his Honda, and he had to take his bumper off, or at least the cover.
You think that's bad? On my wife's Altima it calls for removing the front wheels and fender liner!

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
tones2SS

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:buffer:Under 11k on mine could Have it paid off by now if I didn’t do all the mods O well :rockit:
LOL Nice man.
I actually have the money to pay it off, but I'm so far ahead on payments, I'm not too worried about it. If all goes well, I'll have most of it paid off this year. :rocking:

Raylan Givens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Crew
Engine
Super cheap carpet, my daughters hair sticks to it like Velcro. My 90's era ZJ had way better carpet. The plastic is a little cheap (the edges are raised and you can still see where it came out of the mold). This especially true, even of the steering wheel pieces.

Coramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL Nice man.
I actually have the money to pay it off, but I'm so far ahead on payments, I'm not too worried about it. If all goes well, I'll have most of it paid off this year. :rocking:
Exactly my situation. Good feeling, huh?!?

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
These trucks don't like cold weather. Frozen windows, wipers not working, hard starting and this thing just hit 10k .

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These trucks don't like cold weather. Frozen windows, wipers not working, hard starting and this thing just hit 10k .

Most vehicles don’t like cold weather. Care to elaborate about the froze windows and wipers not working? If the window tracks are froze from being wet the afternoon/evening before, that’s to be expected. Same with the wiper blades; are they just not working altogether, or are they just froze to the windshield?

If I ever suspected my windows were froze in their channels, or if the wipers were froze to the windshield, I wouldn’t try to operate them until they thawed.

As far as the hard starting: care to explain? How cold we talking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any time under 32 . Windows freeze in dry cold .
Wipers were not frozen to the window, just stopped working .
Never had this problem on any other of my trucks. This ram just feels really sensitive in cold weather.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's weird? Do you live near water?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never had this problem on any other of my trucks. This ram just feels really sensitive in cold weather.

So it could be straight up 32° and your windows will freeze shut, your wipers don’t work, and it starts rough....

Sounds like I’d be making a trip back to my dealer. Are these problems non-existent over freezing temperatures?

I’ve started mine in the morning when it was clear down to 17° so far without issues. Starts right up. As far as whether the windows are ever froze, I don’t open my windows when it’s cold first thing anyways. I remote start mine every morning so there’s no need to mess with the wipers even until it’s warmed up when I leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omegasupreme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's not all the time . But the fact that it's happened more than once is concerning . I haven't kept track . And i have taken it to the dealer and they can't reproduce the problems I am experiencing .

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
11,000 miles, 12 degrees following a deep silver-thaw here....no problems starting or wipers seizing.

I would definitely be trying to document and track these very closely.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

You need to have the dealer fix these issues. None of my 4 rams had these issues.

Last edited:

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
No problem here either. My truck started fine in 9 deg f. Only issue has been parking sensors wont work of ice is on them and once the washers didn't work because rain had frozen over the sprayer nozzles.

slim chance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7 eTorque
the backup camera is ALWAYS dirty .... in 8 yrs with our toyotas we did not have this problem