What feature/option do you wish you added when you got your new truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

incupunk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah. You're hitting the physical eject button and then the far left soft touch on screen right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yeah if I hit the eject button you can see it try to flip open but it gets caught. I took it out and reattached twice and then, defeated, started my post-CD life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

AngryRams

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah if I hit the eject button you can see it try to flip open but it gets caught. I took it out and reattached twice and then, defeated, started my post-CD life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Take your dash trim off and post a picture of how it's mounted?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You can pm it to me

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish my ram came with the ram box. It was lot inventory so couldnt add that.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Custom ordered mine, so got most every option I wanted. Didn't get remote start from the factory, wish I did. Also, with my configuration, couldn't get tow hooks from factory, no idea why. They were easy enough to add though.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A lot of stuff on mine I like, a few things I don't.

I do like the engine, 3.92 locker, folding mirrors, heated lumbar seats & wheel, adjustable pedals, the interior room (even for a RCSB) is double what my Dakota has. The blue is awesome but shows dirt easily.

I didn't like paying for the NAV system, rubber mats, or sliding rear glass. This truck had them though, stuff I'll prolly never use. Don't really care for the "nostrils" grill, may look at swapping that for a painted Express grill. I don't like that the locking tailgate can be defeated by simply unplugging the wiring harness, kinda makes traveling with luggage an iffy proposal. Truck sits as high as a 4WD, these really need a factory lowering option. If I could, I'd add the front Park Sense camera system (not sure it can be done though), memory seats, heated PASS seat with lumbar, and I'd have a telescopic wheel if it was available!

Russ

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had tow hooks and skid plates, tow mirrors and the integrated brake controller added by my dealer. I wish i had known the power folding tow mirrors from the 2500 were an option. The only other thing i now wish i had was a power passenger seat.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Laramie Sport 4WD
Engine
A lot of stuff on mine I like, a few things I don't.

I do like the engine, 3.92 locker, folding mirrors, heated lumbar seats & wheel, adjustable pedals, the interior room (even for a RCSB) is double what my Dakota has. The blue is awesome but shows dirt easily.

I didn't like paying for the NAV system, rubber mats, or sliding rear glass. This truck had them though, stuff I'll prolly never use. Don't really care for the "nostrils" grill, may look at swapping that for a painted Express grill. I don't like that the locking tailgate can be defeated by simply unplugging the wiring harness, kinda makes traveling with luggage an iffy proposal. Truck sits as high as a 4WD, these really need a factory lowering option. If I could, I'd add the front Park Sense camera system (not sure it can be done though), memory seats, heated PASS seat with lumbar, and I'd have a telescopic wheel if it was available!

Russ

The four corner suspension is great for getting in and out. I have health issues making getting in very hard,until I push the button and lower the truck. Its a great option with many other benefits.

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had tow hooks and skid plates, tow mirrors and the integrated brake controller added by my dealer. I wish i had known the power folding tow mirrors from the 2500 were an option. The only other thing i now wish i had was a power passenger seat.

So if I understand you correctly,your saying you can Order Power Fold Tow mirrors from a 2500 ram to be installed on the 1500 Ram?

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
That money can go towards PPEI And a delete :banana-mario:

$600 at my dealership installed with 2 new fobs

I Love My 2018 RAM 2500HD 4x4 Off Road. 6.4L. USMC (ret)

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Maybe I should’ve gotten the next level up of truck for more of the creature comforts.
Remote start
8.4 Uconnect w/o nav.
**** I’d be ecstatic if Apple and Uconnect would work together.
Power rear window with defrost
Deep tinted windows in the front
Just to name a few.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So if I understand you correctly,your saying you can Order Power Fold Tow mirrors from a 2500 ram to be installed on the 1500 Ram?

As a dealer option when you buy the truck. They would either do it as a favor to you when you are buying new, or charge you for it.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Maybe I should’ve gotten the next level up of truck for more of the creature comforts.
Remote start
8.4 Uconnect w/o nav.
Just to name a few.

IIRC, you could get the power rear window OR the rear window defroster. I believe the rear window defroster was available on solid rear windshield glass only.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Remote start
8.4 Uconnect w/o nav.
Just to name a few.

Tinted front windows are an aftermarket thing

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I bought it used, but I wish I had the Ramboxes

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Tinted front windows are an aftermarket thing

I know this and our dealership here does it in house upon request and costs like $12 per glass including the eyebrow when you purchase a new vehicle. They don’t tell you upfront about it but if it’s mentioned to the salesman then they’ll do it. I just forgot to ask.
I’ve bought several vehicles there over the past 25 or so years.
Good thinking on your part though.
Now I need a new cheap (under $150) mod idea for the weekend.
That I don’t have to order.
O’Reillys,autozone,Walmart...

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
I know this and our dealership here does it in house upon request and costs like $12 per glass including the eyebrow when you purchase a new vehicle. They don’t tell you upfront about it but if it’s mentioned to the salesman then they’ll do it. I just forgot to ask.
I’ve bought several vehicles there over the past 25 or so years.
Good thinking on your part though.
Now I need a new cheap (under $150) mod idea for the weekend.
That I don’t have to order.
O’Reillys,autozone,Walmart...

Fudge Thats cheap As hell!

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Fudge Thats cheap As hell!

I know right! It’s like $35 after purchase eyebrow and rear window is more like $50 ea

aladin_sane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As a dealer option when you buy the truck. They would either do it as a favor to you when you are buying new, or charge you for it.
My dealer didn't tell me that, so i lost the power folding option when he installed the 1500 tow mirrors i asked for. I had not spent much time on the forum yet when i bought the truck

Ramit355

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Will check that out before I order from my dealer. thanks for the info.

RASelkirk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not too sure I'd let my dealer do anything. They didn't even know the front bumper has dimples to mark where to drill it for the LP bracket. Mine was skewed about 5° off level when I got it. Took me two hours of grinding the holes over-size with a carbide burr and four 1/4-20 Rivnuts to fix it...

Russ