What is the best paint-less dent removal kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I have a couple very small, shallow dings on the doors of my 2019 Ram that I want to get rid of. What is the best paint-less dent removal kit? I see there are many (like this below) when googled, so it's hard for me to know. What kit have you used that is complete and very good?

714hEEJDnVL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is an art form IMHO. To get good at it you need lots of practice. Whichever kit you get you may want to get an old door or fender from a junkyard and practice before trying on your truck. Also you will need various light sources that you can shine in multiple directions to see how the surface will look from different angles.

Or hire a PDR shop / person that has all the proper tools, lights, polishes, etc and most importantly, experience.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) is an art form IMHO. To get good at it you need lots of practice. Whichever kit you get you may want to get an old door or fender from a junkyard and practice before trying on your truck. Also you will need various light sources that you can shine in multiple directions to see how the surface will look from different angles.

Or hire a PDR shop / person that has all the proper tools, lights, polishes, etc and most importantly, experience.
Best advice I've received in a while. I have many emails out with pictures. Thanks!

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yep, second the "have an expert do it". It is extremely difficult to get the dent out without leaving more issues like ripples, puckers, or damaged paint.

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
You can try a suction device. Door sheet metal is pretty thin. It won't hurt the paint.

Davood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi 4x4
what size is the ding. can you remove the inner door panel and the inside ABS door liner?? I have used an inflatable ball in a cloth bag (to keep the ball from popping). Little dings are a different story.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
what size is the ding. can you remove the inner door panel and the inside ABS door liner?? I have used an inflatable ball in a cloth bag (to keep the ball from popping). Little dings are a different story.

Probably needs to be professional done. What I really am most concerned about and want to find a repair for is this dent in my rear bumper. Obviously very soft steel. I have no idea how or when this happened.

DSCF7112.JPGDSCF7110.JPG

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I doubt that you will get that out and not see any evidence of it after.
It looks like it is into the bend with a little bit of above the bend raised up - if the pictures are accurate.
Hard to tell if it is just the light or not.
You can probably make it look much better though.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have seen work done by a PDR guy, that a body shop would not touch for a reasonable price

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I mentioned in another post I saw regarding your bumper dent, talk to a professional PDR shop. It really takes a skilled person to do the job so it comes out good. You can make things a lot worse by attempting to do it yourself if you don't know what youre doing. I had a few door dings removed by PDR shop and it came out fantastic for under $200. I wouldn't even try to do it myself

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As I mentioned in another post I saw regarding your bumper dent, talk to a professional PDR shop. It really takes a skilled person to do the job so it comes out good. You can make things a lot worse by attempting to do it yourself if you don't know what youre doing. I had a few door dings removed by PDR shop and it came out fantastic for under $200. I wouldn't even try to do it myself
Some of the PDR guys do an amazing job, had one fix a lot of hail damage - perfect afterwards.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You won't get that dent out. As for the rest of them. Save yourself a lot of hassle and just let a PDR person do it. I had all the dents knocked out of my truck and it was like 500 bucks. I had 33 I believe.