What kind of trimming is needed for 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was contemplating 37's on 2019 DT Laramie 4x4.

Can it be down with a 4" lift like an AEV or Zone or do you really have to go the 6" route.

Can the factory 22" wheel still be used, or does in need more backspacing added? Or would it just be best to drop down to a 20" wheel, I know the tires are cheaper.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory backspacing will most likely require some trimming and depending on the lift kit and how it moves the axle. look for quality like BDS or Zone they usually keep the axle centered.

CincyZach

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don’t see this combination working at all. I have the Fabtech 6” lift with 325/60R20. Which is 35.4” x 12.8” and I had some rub at full lock on the stock mud flaps. I removed the mud flaps and all is good. So I’m thinking a 4” lift and 37’s would not be a good idea. Also I would rethink the zone lift. I know typically zone/bds are considered a great choice. But there have been some bad issues with our trucks and the bds lifts (parent company of zone). If I remember correctly it’s a ball joint issue. Search it on here. Let me know if you can’t find it... I’ll find the links. Nick@gotexhaust will get you the best price on pretty much any you need. Hope this helps. Hit me up if I can help with anything else

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I wouldn't do 37s on a 4" lift lol ..I have a 7" lift with 37s and I had to do some good amount of trimming .....

If you stay below -24 offset you "might" be ok and won't have to trim at all ...maybe just the valance but that's with 35s lol ....

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't do 37s on a 4" lift lol ..I have a 7" lift with 37s and I had to do some good amount of trimming .....

If you stay below -24 offset you "might" be ok and won't have to trim at all ...maybe just the valance but that's with 35s lol ....

yea your -44 absolutely requires trimming!

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the info!

I came from the Jeep world and just used to being concerned about lifting higher than it needs for no reason.

I am also curious about gearing with the 35's. I have 321's now but am swapping with a buddy for his 392's. Wondering if that's enough of a step up in gearing so its not a dog.

Anybody have experience with the AEV dual sport lift? I'm really pushing that way. I ran a lot of their stuff on previous jeeps and had a great experience.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have a 2019 Bighorn with a 6" Procomp lift. I am running 22"x10 Fuel Contras with 37x12.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Some trimming on plastic was done. But that's it.

View attachment 245804

Good thing about 4x4s is that you guys sit nigher than the 2wds do .... your 6" is basically the 7" on my truck but just a bit higher clearance in the front because of the coilovers ...

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Bighorn with a 6" Procomp lift. I am running 22"x10 Fuel Contras with 37x12.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Some trimming on plastic was done. But that's it.

What's the total height of your truck (roof)?
What gears do you have?

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so for a 5.5 inch lift and my 37x13.5x22, i needed to trim the very corner on each side of the front valance, but also remove those plastic tiny spat guards that come on the cab cornersram3.jpg small mud flaps.jpg

OP
OP
Anthony Bulger
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after much consideration I have begun my purchasing for my build.

With the limitations on gearing I went ahead and found some used axles ironically with less millage than mine have. Roughly 32,000 on each. They're both from a Rebel with the 3.92 gear set and the rear axle has the factory E-Locker. Guess I'm gonna have to figure out how to engage that.

I also purchased.
  • Mopar the rear inner fenders, and bolts.
  • Mopar rear LED bed Light kit.
  • AirLift Spring overload kit for the rear.
  • Leer Truck Cap.
  • Parts to build my own Security Gateway Module Bypass (Gonna see if my FCADiagnostics software will allow me to make changes. If not I'll get AlphaOBD).
  • Decked rear storage shelves.
Speaking to AEV, I can't get a straight answer from them on their lift kit. Ugh.

So I'm kind of looking going hybrid. I want the ability of an adjustable coil over up front encase I decide to add a winch later. So I'm looking at doing the Dirt Logic 2.5's front and rear. Or maybe trying to piece together some Bilstein's. I think the Fox's & Kings are way outside my budget. Any Idea's here?

Looking at the Zone & Fabtech kits for the lift and just doing a 6". Just not digging the way they do the rear suspension on either.

Kind of curious if the RC ones are any good, I know how most fell about their quality. Just more curious than anything. I've used some of their shocks in the past and not had a bad experience with them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye