Whats Wrong With / Missing From This Build Spec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericstevenson

Reaction score
We sold the adventure van and now i am looking at HD trucks for our camping / adventure needs.

This one has been sitting on the lot at MSRP for a month.. Is there something wrong with missing from this spec?

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
We sold the adventure van and now i am looking at HD trucks for our camping / adventure needs.

This one has been sitting on the lot at MSRP for a month.. Is there something wrong with missing from this spec?

just doing a quick look and I see a srw 3500 that's not a diesel, has a short bed and only 31 gallon tank. That truck is for a select mkt imo.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has every option, nice looking, great Color. But a 3500 made for GG only, not working. If U like it and need that much truck, and ride around all good. IF it is a truck to be used for work, pulling, towing, all that with a 6.4L, I would run. But every bodies situation is different. Definitely made for the Luxury ride group, and not working. All IMHO.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
Has every option, nice looking, great Color. But a 3500 made for GG only, not working. If U like it and need that much truck, and ride around all good. IF it is a truck to be used for work, pulling, towing, all that with a 6.4L, I would run. But every bodies situation is different. Definitely made for the Luxury ride group, and not working. All IMHO.

Hey hey hey. Some Luxurious trucks work hard too yah know! Don't let my Limited badging fool you, she works.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey hey hey. Some Luxurious trucks work hard too yah know! Don't let my Limited badging fool you, she works.
YAH, but U got the motor for working. Truck great buy if for GG, town trips, wateva, but working, a lot of truck with wateva gearing and a gas motor for working, that truck live in the RPM band if working, but GREAT for luxury driving. Wish I had some of the pretty options in my Lowly Bighorn, hee hee. FYI, no disrespect to ne one, just stating my very low humble opinion. Also remember, I's just a BOIRD...

turk helmut drive.JPG

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
YAH, but U got the motor for working. Truck great buy if for GG, town trips, wateva, but working, a lot of truck with wateva gearing and a gas motor for working, that truck live in the RPM band if working, but GREAT for luxury driving. Wish I had some of the pretty options in my Lowly Bighorn, hee hee. FYI, no disrespect to ne one, just stating my very low humble opinion.
It's ok. I just wiped the last tear.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's ok. I just wiped the last tear.
Alligator, hee hee, just a kidding. PPL just too serious on ne thing ne more, maybe why I hide unda table, hee hee.

CAVEAT: I looked at getting a 2500 for a lil more towing power, but to even get the options like in my Lowly Bighorn, just way too much. But every body has different thoughts. I sure as heck luv dat Hydro Blue color, just was not out when I got MY 19, which is an early build from Apr 2018.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe what's missing is a $20k discount and the OP butt in the seat if it suits the tasks.
OMG, wat I was thinking just did not type, not want to "dis" ne one, this friggin 2022 PC (woke) world we live in now. Heck of a GG ride with a 20K discount, LOL. I have seen 10K added on market prices, not any 20K off MSRP prices, lol. May explain fully why my 2019 driveway princess stay right where it is, lol. Just wish it was Hydro Blue but the Flame Red MY 19 is, it's OK also.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
My whole reason to have a truck is to see over automobiles & get across Arizona, New Mexico & Texas at those States higher speed limits & still get good mileage

I can tow if it is needed

My old 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Bighorn w/ HEMI worked great too, just drank too much

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD

Dave Smith has a brand new 2022 3500 CTD Laramie CC for $80K that in transit, no way would I pay $80K for 3500 with a gas engine...

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I went to the Dodge Dealership today

The salesmen are still as unhelpful as ever

I asked one Showroom Salesman
Do they have Classic quad cab ecodiesels, he said nope
Not 40 foot in back of him was a black one

I talked to another salesman & asked him the same question
he said that there are 2 on the lot

Then i both of them if the Salesman that used to work in the Jeep building, i described him & where his office had been.
The first guy claimed that it was him that sold the 2016 to me
I told him that it was not him
I told him that the salesman was the top selling Ram salesman at the dealership.
again he claimed it was him again
Then both salesmen were still there & i said this salesman had a regular name & he went by a Nickname.
Both started naming nicknames.

A third salesman walked up & the other 2 left
He looked familiar, but 8 years older
I asked him what the salesman's name was & which building he worked out of.
He politely cut me off & said the salesman that i was talking about, had the Nickname of 'Gibson' & that he was on sick leave with a injured leg & he might be returning in October or November.

As he was talking, i recalled that he was a Junior Showroom Salesman that had introduced me to Gibson in late 2015

By the way, that first salesman that did not know that there were Classic Quad Cab Ecodiesels on the sales lot, turned out to be the Assistant Sales Manager, damn a§§ wip€

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Then i went into the Parts Dept. & asked about
a 2022 EcoDiesel engine & if they knew of anyone that had swapped a new model ecodiesel into a 2016

They both acted like i had cause blasphemy

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Dave Smith has a brand new 2022 3500 CTD Laramie CC for $80K that in transit, no way would I pay $80K for 3500 with a gas engine...
Yeah that is way over priced for a gas truck! Sales manager that purchased it really doesn't seem to know all that much about HD trucks. No 5th wheel prep but does have air suspension. Kind of built for a CEO of a company that really doesn't use it except to haul his golf clubs. Just weird any way you look at it. right now when it is nearly impossible to get trucks & that's what he ordered?

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Nothing wrong with a gas engine in a 2500 or 3500 if it suits your needs. Less maintenance, cheaper to repair. Fuel economy unloaded or towing is a wash between gas and diesel.

I wouldn't touch a diesel made in the last 2 years from any manufacturer. Nothing. But. Problems.

Mittens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
12v Cummins
When I was shopping for a half ton, there was nothing but short beds out there cause (they said) long beds just don't move. That, and price, was a deal breaker for me. Guess it's reverse for the HDs.