Wheel info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looking to pick up another set off rims for my truck which currently has 20" wheels. I'm wondering if I can run 17" wheels since they seem to be easier to find than 20". Do the older model Rams wheels fit mine (2010 Laramie)? Obviously I'd rather stick with a set of 20" if I could find a set that won't beak the bank. Appreciate any feedback offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm kind of in the same situation. I know 17" and 18" will work, just trying to figure out if it will save money in the long run, and possibly give a better ride due to more sidewall.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the only difference you will find is the accuracy of your odometer and also your recorded fuel economy since the source will have been compromised. Smaller diameter wheels will spin faster to maintain the same indicated MPH and that should result in you "seeing" 65MPH on the speedo, but the GPS will only show some percentage slower. (there a chart for that!) Heck, with all the electronics today you may be able to "flash" something to compensate, but I honestly have no idea!

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I believe the only difference you will find is the accuracy of your odometer and also your recorded fuel economy since the source will have been compromised. Smaller diameter wheels will spin faster to maintain the same indicated MPH and that should result in you "seeing" 65MPH on the speedo, but the GPS will only show some percentage slower. (there a chart for that!) Heck, with all the electronics today you may be able to "flash" something to compensate, but I honestly have no idea!

However, if OP runs same size tire, i.e. 265/60/17 or 265/60/20, rim size wont be an issue or affect mph...

OP
OP
AkNoad2

AkNoad2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I know my spare is a 17" rim and was told that comes stock with these trucks. Thanks for the info so far.

Will any year 1500 rims fit my truck, if not what years will fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The Ram Rebel has 17" rims...so yes...they should fit.