Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BreezyBigRed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
hello, first post here. tried to find answers elsewhere to no avail.

so i've got an 02 ram 1500 quad cab 2wd 6.3' bed. it needs new tires. the biggest factor in my situation is some serious budget constraints, please keep that in mind as we go forward. stock is 245/70/17 on 17x7 ET25, previous owner put 265/70 on the same stock rims, no big deal, just well past their lifespan.
I have some 245/65/17 already mounted on 17x8 ET -12 (from a Ford) that could go on. the only glaring issue being the offset difference. according to wheel/tire calculators, it'll add 41mm (1 5/8") to the oem scrub radius, or 45mm compared to what's on there now.
so here are my questions...

what is the oem scrub radius on the truck?

how is adding 41mm to the scrub radius going to affect it?

is there a general range that's considered acceptable when you're looking at scrub radius? what is too much?

what are your suggestions for lowest-cost options to get these tires on? i'm assuming just taking em to a shop to remount the 245/65's on the 17x7 ET25 rims, but if there's other options, let em fly.

in a (different) situation where someone is trying to put lifts in, bigger tires and rims on, etc, what do you do about scrub radius? just gotta get rims with the right offset to accomodate?

thanks