Where is best place to tap into RF speaker for a sub?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am currently tapped into the LR speaker and the sub sounds like GARBAGE. No boom at all or tight kicks on kick drums. I have seen on here that running the LOC into the front speakers is better, but for the life of me I can't find enough wire to splice into. Where is the best place for this?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
where to splice in LOC for sub amp?

OP
OP
F

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct. I am unable to find enough slack wire to be able to adequately strip it and tap into it. Is there a best location to do this?

swamp_life hemi 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Behind the lower panel by the door I found the wires and used splice connectors to tap into the wire. And the sound will be 10x better.

Droid Incredible 2 on the move!!!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
another thing is you want to tap into both right and left speakers when doing this.

OP
OP
F

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aren't the wires in a HUGE combination of a ton of wires? How did you get enough slack to adequately get to them? What color are the wires I need to get to? Lastly, why do you need to tap into both the left and right speaker? If all you are looking for is the low signal, can't you just tap into one? I could see what you are saying if you turn your balance to the L or R, but if it is in the center, wouldn't that be irrelevant?

OP
OP
F

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Swamplife, would you be able to snap a picture of what your splice looks like? I know this may be trivial but I really am leary of ungrouping all of those wires from the factory before knowing 100% sure what I am doing.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Aren't the wires in a HUGE combination of a ton of wires? How did you get enough slack to adequately get to them? What color are the wires I need to get to? Lastly, why do you need to tap into both the left and right speaker? If all you are looking for is the low signal, can't you just tap into one? I could see what you are saying if you turn your balance to the L or R, but if it is in the center, wouldn't that be irrelevant?

line output converters(at least from my experience) have 4 to 7 wires to be hooked up. 4 for speakers(left channel and right channel), then possibly a remote hook up(blue) and then possibly a power(red) and ground(black). Are you certain that everything you listen to has the same low frequencies in the right channel as the left channel?

Shiloh 24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L gas
I think ur best bet would be to just pull your HU out and splice your LOC at the plug for your radio, my old LOC had inputs for LF LR RF and RR if you don't have em all hooked up it's gonna sound like garbage. On the same hand though, your never gonna get the same quality sound you would get if you just used the RCA outs of a nice HU

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On a side note, if you have the stock infinity system is it ok to tap into the wires right behind the head unit or near the speakers after the stock amp?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
after the amp

OP
OP
F

FSUNole17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Which wires are to be spliced into? If i remember correctly there is a whole mess of wires bundled together and want to make sure i am splicing into the correct ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca