Where is the Subwoofer in the 2019's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PowrRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Big Horn
Engine
3.6L V6
I was at the dealer getting my step bars installed on my 2018 Big Horn. While waiting I looked at a 2019 Laramie that was on the showroom floor. Very nice. Really noticed the increased legroom in the backseat.

One thing though--where in the heck is the subwoofer? I couldn't find it. Laramie's come with the 9 speaker Alpine system with subwoofer as standard equipment, don't they? Where's the subwoofer?

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was at the dealer getting my step bars installed on my 2018 Big Horn. While waiting I looked at a 2019 Laramie that was on the showroom floor. Very nice. Really noticed the increased legroom in the backseat.

One thing though--where in the heck is the subwoofer? I couldn't find it. Laramie's come with the 9 speaker Alpine system with subwoofer as standard equipment, don't they? Where's the subwoofer?
Good Question. I have a 19 Laramie and I haven't spotted it in the couple times I looked around. I though it would be under the back seat in plain view once the seat is raised...nope. So my guess is either under the passenger seat or if there is some kind of cavity for the e-torque set up that is use-able without the batteries taking up the space. I'll have to look under the seat when I'm able...I've seen that they make subs to fit under seats so that's my best guess.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you know what size it is ? Thank you for letting us 9 speaker owners know the location. :)

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Man, my 7 series had that thing in the floor firing up at the rear seat ..........that thing thumped!!! I can't wait to enjoy this 19 system

SilverBullet85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So riddle me this...9 Speakers in the Laramie, right? 3 on the dash, 2 for the front doors, 2 for the rear doors, 2 in the ceiling(rear). That's 9, what about the sub? Do they count that differently...am I having a mild stroke? :33:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HARMAN KARDON® PREMIUM SOUND

"The All-New 2019 Ram 1500 boasts an available 900-watt Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System, the most powerful audio system in its class6. This exceptional system includes 19 speakers—the most in its class6 and is available with genuine stainless steel speaker grilles (available on Limited models)."

I got this from the RAM 1500 website, 19 speakers in the 2019 Ram + a 10" Subwoofer!!!

Last edited:

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So riddle me this...9 Speakers in the Laramie, right? 3 on the dash, 2 for the front doors, 2 for the rear doors, 2 in the ceiling(rear). That's 9, what about the sub? Do they count that differently...am I having a mild stroke? :33:

If it's like the speaker count for the 2019, it's 9 speakers + the subwoofer.

Last edited:

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

"The All-New 2019 Ram 1500 boasts an available 900-watt Harman Kardon® Premium Audio System, the most powerful audio system in its class6. This exceptional system includes 19 speakers—the most in its class6 and is available with genuine stainless steel speaker grilles (available on Limited models)."

I got this from the RAM 1500 website, 19 speakers in the 2019 Ram + a 10" Subwoofer!!!

I have the 2019 Ram with the HK 19 speaker system and I'm not even sure why they would even consider them 19 speakers when there is only like 9-10 that I counted. They say there's a 10" sub behind the rear seats but if this is true, why did they make the front and rear speakers the treble/bass? Should've made those with mids/highs with only the 10" sub in the rear outputting the bass.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 2019 Ram with the HK 19 speaker system and I'm not even sure why they would even consider them 19 speakers when there is only like 9-10 that I counted. They say there's a 10" sub behind the rear seats but if this is true, why did they make the front and rear speakers the treble/bass? Should've made those with mids/highs with only the 10" sub in the rear outputting the bass.

I'm not sure what they have going on in this truck. The bass is sloppy. It's way too dominate, and far from clean. Taking surround off makes the music better, but still not right. And I don't think they dampened the doors and back wall enough for the bass these speakers are producing as I have some rattling.

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm not sure what they have going on in this truck. The bass is sloppy. It's way too dominate, and far from clean. Taking surround off makes the music better, but still not right. And I don't think they dampened the doors and back wall enough for the bass these speakers are producing as I have some rattling.

I have rattling as well but I'm not too worried about that since I have other issues to worry about with the Ram lol. But yes, it definitely is too sloppy and too heavy. Not enough highs in my opinion.

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have rattling as well but I'm not too worried about that since I have other issues to worry about with the Ram lol. But yes, it definitely is too sloppy and too heavy. Not enough highs in my opinion.
What other issues?
Nm. Saw your other post.

Richard Hickman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I have the system in my truck and I am a little sad it needs more power. sounds good but needs more power.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm really confused. I just ordered a 2019 Laramie Longhorn with the Harman Kardon system.

They claim 19 speakers. Okay, we count separate midranges and tweeters separately. I get that... But, 19 is an odd number. There is a center channel speaker in the center of the dash.

If there is a subwoofer, plus a center channel speaker, the number of speakers should be an even number, right? Am I missing something?

Would someone who has this system please be kind enough to post a picture of the subwoofer? I would really appreciate it!

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm really confused. I just ordered a 2019 Laramie Longhorn with the Harman Kardon system.

They claim 19 speakers. Okay, we count separate midranges and tweeters separately. I get that... But, 19 is an odd number. There is a center channel speaker in the center of the dash.

If there is a subwoofer, plus a center channel speaker, the number of speakers should be an even number, right? Am I missing something?

Would someone who has this system please be kind enough to post a picture of the subwoofer? I would really appreciate it!

I assume the center channel is 2-way.