Where to wire resistors? HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
Hey All,

I just got my resistors in the mail to finish up my HIDs. The wiring diagram which is not very detailed, shows the resistors wired into the Pos and Neg of the HID Bulb wires. I researched online and saw some images of what looks to be the resistors wired into the Pos and Neg going into the Ballast...

So my question to you guys is, what section of your setup do you have your resistors wired into? Just want to make sure I do it right..

Thanks ahead of time!

badblackram06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had to tap into the factory harness behind head light plug if you have a section of wires between the ballst and the factory headlight plug, use that.

But be sure to mount the resistor away from everything because it gets very hot. Like melting wires hot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hooker52

Hooker52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l V8 Magnum
I had to tap into the factory harness behind head light plug if you have a section of wires between the ballst and the factory headlight plug, use that.

But be sure to mount the resistor away from everything because it gets very hot. Like melting wires hot.

I ended up putting it right after the factory plug, on the wiring harness. Thanks for the heads up on heat! I will have to find a good place to mount it, right now its really close to a lot of wires and plastic. Good tip ;)