Who has current hemi tick who might consider lube strategy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Thanks to this forum we have some good strategies to deal with hemi tick and some of us are considering developing yet a third strategy based on promising science that may help with hemi tick. The product is HPL 0w30 super car formula, and the forum gets a discount on this product. If you have current hemi lifter tick and this sounds like something you might consider, please say so. The pricing is similar with redline, but the formula has less zinc which should be considered desirable, plus more moly.

WaRam2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Burla
Was just curious what your opinion of Amsoil 5w 30 is
And would you run the 5w 20 or The 5w 30 in the 5.7 Hemi
Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
It is a great oil. This thread of for a hemi tick lubrication strategy, and those amsoil weights did not survive ram forum testing in the past for hemi tick. It is not a knock on the oil, very specific formulas have been proven to be beneficial and those formulas are much more heavy in AW/EP additives with ester base. Amsoil 5w20 and 5w30 is built to be an incredible interval oil that is always among the best in wear numbers, but not built for this threads purpose. Amsoil 0w40 has had some success in this area, but if you don't have hemi tick the 5w30 amsoil ss will serve you fine. See other lubrication threads info for what you ask. The HPL super car 0w30 is an oil built to at least give someone a chnace at killing hemi tick like our other strategies have proven. Case is closed, it looks as if we likely wont get a pool large enough to prove anything, but it is there in case someone wishes to try it travis says there is a 15% discount for ram forum.

Paparu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks to this forum we have some good strategies to deal with hemi tick and some of us are considering developing yet a third strategy based on promising science that may help with hemi tick. The product is HPL 0w30 super car formula, and the forum gets a discount on this product. If you have current hemi lifter tick and this sounds like something you might consider, please say so. The pricing is similar with redline, but the formula has less zinc which should be considered desirable, plus more moly.
I just purchased my 1st Hemi,2011, I am going to try Triax Euro VX , I have used their Hyd trans fluid in my tractor , when I did a search for moly content it was 660 ppm as far as I could find out. They also have a SRT 5w30 also that might even have more moly . I will post feeling after I change the oil.

Paparu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am going to try Triax Euro VX ,I believe it is 660ppm moly. They also have one that SRT 5w30 that might have more.