Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick??

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by Burla, Jul 29, 2020.

Did Lubegard Biotech kill your hemi tick?

1. Yes, lubegard killed that tick

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. No, lubegard didn't kill tick, yet

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  3. Lubegard made hemi tick noticeably better not 100% though

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. Burla

Burla Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    So we have had a couple guys running biotech so we should start seeing some results, and hopefully this thread will encourage people with hemi tick to try other lubrication strategies. For those that follow, Lubegard Biotech is similar science to Redline, and as we have seen it can be an effective answer, also backs up reviews at amazon. Running this is like 1/2 the price of redline, so if it has similar success rates this ends any argument of why not use this inexpensive option that dresses up any random group 3 motor oil. With the modern engines oils become more sparce, this may be something you want to add to every non di turbo engine you own. I know @Hemi395 put it in his work truck, killed about 80% of his tick in that.

Now, I am leaving that you can change your answer, to keep up with accurate info and change answer as needed. Consider this, since lubegard is similar science to redline, keep in mind even if it isn't effective at first, it can take time for the plating effect of the formula, JUST LIKE REDLINE. So change those votes as needed to give a proper snapshot of the effectiveness of this product. I don't know you should change the vote if the truck sat for a long period like over two weeks, I'm not sure there is a lubrication answer for those engines, but how you report that is up to you. Thanks Burla

2. Burla

Burla Senior Member Military

Ram Year:
    2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
    Engine:
    Hemi
    One more thing, the nice thing about using lubegard as a strategy, you can add it at anytime, like soon as you get a tick, you don't need to change the oil, just dump in lubegard. Small sizes of lubegard has been proven to elevate the moly level in the sump from about 100ppm to 150ppm and more. It is something nice to have on hand that is dirt cheap with solid science behind it.

Wild one and tidefan1967 like this.
  3. Hemi395

Hemi395 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    Yep, I tried it in my work van and it definitely quieted it right up within a couple hundred miles. Its not a Hemi but it had the same hot idle tick my truck had and it definitely made it quieter. Didn't make it disappear tho. Thats pretty telling that the science is there in Lubegard.

Wild one, tidefan1967 and Burla like this.
  4. kempo780

kempo780 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    I got the "hemi tick" on my 2017 Ram 1500 with 32k miles (bought the truck new off the lot). Been changing my oil every 5k miles religiously with M1 full synthetic and M1 oil filter. After adding Lubegard i noticed that the tick went away after about 500 miles of driving the truck. I even bought a automotive stethoscope to double check certain areas around my engine. So, in my specific situation the Lubegard seems to be working. I only have about 600 miles on it right now and will continue to note any changes that i might have down the road (no pun intended).

bchap05, GsRAM, Wild one and 3 others like this.
  5. Beagler

Beagler Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi 5.7
    I added 15oz LG to my truck and it made it better and not as noticeable at cold start. Will be trying the 7.5 quartz of oil on next oil change before adding more lubeguard. Took about 1000 miles for it to really take effect.

js12278, Wild one, Fitz-0518 and 2 others like this.
  6. Tim Garceau

Tim Garceau Senior Member Supporting Member

Ram Year:
    2014 Sport Quad BSP
    Engine:
    3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
    Just drained and put 15-15oz bottles in the crankcase, now the only way to tell the engine is operating is by the tach!

Sorry, there's not an option for 'didn't have a tick before but know it is a fantastic and affordable additive package for this application while also increasing molyB count 100ppm'.

Jtblackram, GsRAM, Wild one and 3 others like this.
  7. 69GWC

69GWC Express

Ram Year:
    2016 Ram Express QC
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi, 8sp
    I put some in my Harley and I can tell the topend is quieter.
    Put it in my Ram but it was allready quiet thanks to Redline.lol

8. beteta1

beteta1 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Can Biotech be added to the existing oil or does it require an oil change to replace the oil ? I’ll be using the 15oz bottle.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  9. ramffml

ramffml Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    Literally the second post in this thread: :)

10. beteta1

beteta1 Junior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    I saw that, but , I was going to put in a whole 15oz., not a small amount. Thanks