Who Has Installed Kicker PRAMCQ13?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ever since my tax return hit I've been looking at adding a sub and amp to my truck. I already have upgraded all the speakers which made everything sound great but even at level 22-24 I feel like they just want more power. Been looking at the PRAMCQ13 kit from Kicker but want to justify it actually sounding good before spending that much.

Really only looking at this kit as it is plug and play. I have installed amps and subs before and just don't want to deal with having to tap wires and run wires all around the truck, whereas this kit could reasonably installed in an hour I would figure. If anyone has this kit or even just the sub portion (I know Greygoose does) I would like to know your thoughts.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ever since my tax return hit I've been looking at adding a sub and amp to my truck. I already have upgraded all the speakers which made everything sound great but even at level 22-24 I feel like they just want more power. Been looking at the PRAMCQ13 kit from Kicker but want to justify it actually sounding good before spending that much.

Really only looking at this kit as it is plug and play. I have installed amps and subs before and just don't want to deal with having to tap wires and run wires all around the truck, whereas this kit could reasonably installed in an hour I would figure. If anyone has this kit or even just the sub portion (I know Greygoose does) I would like to know your thoughts.
I've had mine installed for 5 years now without issue. You can get it for much cheaper on HiFi Sound Connection by making an offer. My accepted offer for a new SRAMCQ09 was $418 (listed at $699.99).

So does the PRAMCQ13 just add another amp for the base 6 speakers over the sub only SRAMCQ09? Maybe @Graygoose knows and can hook me up with a way to buy the missing pieces? ;)

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes Basically, this kit includes a plug and play speaker amp.
I want it, but only the parts I'm missing! Install was super easy and its been very reliable.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
yes the "kit" has a 200w amp as well. Its all plug and play, mounts on factory bolts.
Loved mine, had two.

20190219_101853.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
the "complete kit" had a 6 channel DSP amp for the front speakers, did time alignment, processing and compression. and can use aftermarket speakers or stock paper wizzer coned speakers.

We have discontinued all the VSS lineup, so what dealers have is what they have left.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
the "complete kit" had a 6 channel DSP amp for the front speakers, did time alignment, processing and compression. and can use aftermarket speakers or stock paper wizzer coned speakers.

We have discontinued all the VSS lineup, so what dealers have is what they have left.
Darn! I want it so maybe I'll buy the whole thing and sell the sub kit? Are they easily separable? They don't share any harness/power do they?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes Basically, this kit includes a plug and play speaker amp.
Are you interested in the whole thing or just the sub and amp? If the latter maybe we can make a deal? No worries if not...

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Most likely just interested in the full kit. Also on the Hifi sound connection website how did you bargain them down? Did you send them an email or what?
https://www.hifisoundconnection.com...2017-Powered-Sub-Box-Enclosure-KIC18-PRAMCQ13
No worries at all (so do I!). As far as make an offer, it looks like they removed it from their site but you can still try it on their eBay store. I did the math on what they accepted before and if it holds its a 40% discount. Apply that to the PRAMCQ13 in their eBay store and they "might" accept an offer of $750 (I'd at least start there).

I came across more talk about this setup that had some caveats. It may not work well with 2018+ 8.4" radios (UAQ/UAS). This is just for the multi channel amp though.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 17 and the radio I have does not have carplay or anything like that so I think I am good on that aspect. I did find the ebay store and the "make offer" button was still there so I put in a $750 offer so we'll see.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 17 and the radio I have does not have carplay or anything like that so I think I am good on that aspect. I did find the ebay store and the "make offer" button was still there so I put in a $750 offer so we'll see.
Cool, let me know if/what they accept! I may end up buying the whole thing and trying to see if the whole 2018+ thing is an issue (I only found one report of this). I'm sure someone would buy the sub stage only.

I could also go the Kicker Key Amp route that @Graygoose has pointed me (I think) and many others to in the past. I'm just a fan of the plug and play simplicity of the VSS upgrades.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, the VSS front amp was sweet. Our OEM team sits and manipulates the DSP until they feel its perfect. Then we burn in that tune into each Ram kit, Ford is Ford specific, Camaro is Camaro, etc

So time alignment etc is dead on.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered up the full kit from HifiSoundConnection. After some bargaining with them on eBay I had got the kit down to a reasonable 900. I think that's fair considering its a plug and play kit and I don't have to go rewiring a bunch of things. I'll probably be making an install and review post once it comes in.

LoadedExpressRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish I would’ve known about this before I completed my system. I mean I like what I got but this looks way cleaner and more of a factory look. Please share the details when you’re done and yes that’s a heck of a deal you got on that one. All the ones I’ve looked at are between 1200-1300.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wish I would’ve known about this before I completed my system. I mean I like what I got but this looks way cleaner and more of a factory look. Please share the details when you’re done and yes that’s a heck of a deal you got on that one. All the ones I’ve looked at are between 1200-1300.
I'm pretty sure he got the last one HiFi Sound Connection had! Once he bought the eBay item, the others disappeared (except for one that's mislisted) and their website says out of stock.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure he got the last one HiFi Sound Connection had! Once he bought the eBay item, the others disappeared (except for one that's mislisted) and their website says out of stock.

Yep I definitely did. On the last offer that I put in for 900 I had mentioned to them in the "send a message to seller" that it was their last in stock of a discontinued item. The next day they accepted the offer lol. The kit shipped this morning so I should have it by this weekend. I'm most exited for the subwoofer because lately I have been disappointed by lack of bass at least enough to fill in the sound stage. I had put in the mopar kicker midbass in the doors but my ears aren't on my calves so I cant fully appreciate them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yep I definitely did. On the last offer that I put in for 900 I had mentioned to them in the "send a message to seller" that it was their last in stock of a discontinued item. The next day they accepted the offer lol. The kit shipped this morning so I should have it by this weekend. I'm most exited for the subwoofer because lately I have been disappointed by lack of bass at least enough to fill in the sound stage. I had put in the mopar kicker midbass in the doors but my ears aren't on my calves so I cant fully appreciate them.
I'm interested to hear your take on them after install. I actually contacted the manufacturer to see if they happened the have the missing parts I need on a shelf or know of anyone with remaining stock. No luck there so I'm thinking about adding the Kicker Key 200.4 and calling it good.

I looked at the install instructions and it looks like the multichannel amp is even easier to install then the sub one so I think you're going to be pretty happy with how easy it is to get up and running. Good luck!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
The KEY2004 will do same thing, just the OEM amp was already pretuned for your truck, as where the KEY will need to be ran through autotune, and wire speakers correctly. The OEM one can retain the factory wiring.

OP
OP
PCA4208

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got everything in yesterday and installed it today after work. Install went great, no issues at all besides seat bolts being tight as hell. Turned on the radio and it sounded great for all of 2 minutes. All of a sudden it got a large amount of static in the system, almost like radio noise on an old school car. Checked grounds on the connections and they were good. When I hit the "mute" button on the radio controls I can clearly hear static-ish noise coming through the speakers.

At this point I'm very disappointed as I just spend this much money to make my radio sound worse. I would reach out to Kicker but this is a discontinued product so who knows how much support they could give.